- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice»
- Parenting Advice & Tips
Happy Mother's Day!
Quotes for Mom
Here are some of the famous quotes for Moms on this special day:
"She is my first, great love. She was a wonderful, rare woman - you do not know; as strong, and steadfast, and generous as the sun. She could be as swift as a white whiplash, and as kind and gentle as warm rain, and as steadfast as the irreducible earth beneath us." -- D. H. Lawrence
"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." -- Washington Irving
"My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart - a heart so large that everybody's joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation." -- Mark Twain
A glimpse of...
A Daughter To A Mother
It's almost 8 years when I became a mother. I had passed many trials particularly when I was a College student that I became pregnant - on my last year of schooling. It's very hard for me to study with big tummy and do some of the projects as graduating student.
But then, I did not lost hope. I did not stop in my schooling. Because I am supported by my mother even if it was very painful to her to know my fate. With her help, I was able to graduate my Engineering course. I was lucky enough to be hired by a company while I was still on my way to graduation.
I was so thankful to her. Yet, I was not able to express it personally.
As a daughter, I would like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH, Ma for everything you have done to me.
What are the hardest things about being a mother?
Being a mother is not easy. You may encounter many challenges along the way.
One of the hardest thing of being a mother is when you don't like the way your kids behave or react. Sometimes, kids misbehave, or embarrass you that you even hate them for few minutes. It's normal to kids. But how are we going to manage it? As a mother, you need to figure out the root cause of your upset. If you are over reactive, then you have to do something on it.
Next is to accept failure of the kids. Mother mostly have expectations from their kids. Your children are unique in their own way and have their own talent and skills. So, why not learning to be proud in their small achievements and giving recognize to their efforts? In this way, mother and child both feel better.
Of course, the most difficult part is on the start of everything - from being pregnant to intense transitional labor. For being awake every night because of taking care when kids are being sick.
Surprise your mom with this heart pendant
How often do you say "I love you" to your mother?
Top 7 wonderful things you should thank to your mother
There are lot of things that we should be thankful to your mother. We don't realize some of them, and may take them for granted. While your mother is still there, never forget to say "Thank You" for the things she had done.
The following are wonderful things you should thank to your mother:
1. Her LOVE
- A mother's love is unending, and unconditional. This is the very first thing to be thankful to her.
2. Her SUPPORT
- Mother always support her kids even in their small dreams. Even if sometimes it cannot be seen or felt, but deep in her heart, she has keeping it. Her support cannot be found anywhere else. She is always there to support.
3. The PATIENCE
- She's very patient. She's there even you push her away because of anger or because of personal problem.
4. For Being THERE for US
- She knows first what our problem. When we are down, she's there for us!
5. The VALUES taught
- Our values came from our parents especially from our mother. We are being taught for the right values - to become honest, to be respectful, and to be God-fearing.
6. For the PHYSICAL THINGS
- She works hard to support her kids and to give the needed things like clothing, shelter, and foods. You should be thankful for the clothes you wear, for the bedroom you sleep, and for the delicious foods you eat. They're all from your parents.
7. Being a SUPERWOMAN
- We are being carried out by our mother - from start of pregnancy until giving birth. Doing household chores, cooking food for us, and sending us to schools. She does many things. She works for us.She's a Superwoman!
There are still other things we should thank to our mothers. These are just the basic.
Now is the time to say "Thank You So Much" to our dear mother.