Pictures of fruits and vegetables for children
Pictures (photos) of fruits and vegetables - worksheets and videos for kids to learn fruits and vegetables
Very early on most kids will see many different fruits and vegetables. Learning about the different fruits and vegetables is an important part of a child's education. Pictures or images of fruits and vegetables are useful while teaching kids about different fruits and vegetables.
Given below are pictures of some common fruits and vegetables with a very brief description of each of them. Some useful tips on how to teach children the fruits and vegetables are also given. All these are actual photographs of the fruits and vegetables shown.
Enjoy this FREE fruit matching game
- Click here to play Fruit Match - Orange
Download and enjoy this free game for your android phone. It is a timed matching game.
Pictures of fruits - APPLE
Apples are red or green in color and round in shape. They are good for health and good to eat - which is why we have the popular adage - 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away.'
Pictures of fruits - GRAPES
Grapes are green, purple or black in color. They come in bunches. They are very juicy.
Pictures of fruits - BANANA
The banana is a long curved fruit. You must peel a banana to eat it.
Pictures of fruits - MANGO
Mangoes have a big seed inside them.
Pictures of fruits - PINEAPPLE
The pineapple has a tough, thorny skin. It is juicy inside.
Pictures of fruits - PEAR
Pears are delicious to eat.
Pictures of fruits - STRAWBERRY
Strawberries are soft, red fruits. Many children love strawberry ice cream.
Pictures of fruits - WATERMELON
Watermelons have very thick skin. They are full of juice.
Pictures of fruits - ORANGE
Oranges are for health. usually round in shape (and orange in color!). Orange juice is good fro health.
Pictures of fruits - POMEGRANATE
The pomegranate is a round fruit with a tough outer skin. Pomegranates have many seeds.
Pictures of fruits - PAPAYA
Papayas have small black seeds.
Tomatoes are usually red or yellow in color. You can eat them raw or cooked.
Pictures of vegetables - PUMPKIN
The pumpkin is a large fruit, usually orange in color. It is commonly cooked and eaten as a vegetable.
Pictures of vegetables - BITTER GOURD
The bitter gourd is usually bright green and is very bitter. Bitter gourds are good for health.
Pictures of vegetables - BRINJAL
The brinjal, also known as eggplant or aubergine, is a purple, egg-shaped fruit eaten as a vegetable.
Pictures of vegetables - CAPSICUM
Capsicums are often green, but they come in red, yellow and other colors too.
Pictures of vegetables - BEETROOT
Beetroots are usually dark red in color.
Pictures of vegetables - CABBAGE
The cabbage is a leafy vegetable. You can eat it raw or cooked.
Pictures of vegetables - ONION
Onions have many layers. Your eyes water when you cut an onion.
Pictures of vegetables - LADIES' FINGERS
Ladies' fingers also known as okra, have a lot of seeds.
Pictures of vegetables - CARROT
You can eat carrots raw or cooked. They are good for your eyes.
Pictures of vegetable - POTATO
Potatoes grow under the ground.
Tips on teaching fruits and vegetables to kids
1. Use fruits & vegetables flashcards
- Ask kids to look at the flashcard (picture) and identify the fruit or vegetable.
- Name a fruit or vegetable and ask kids to pick up the correct flashcard (picture)
- Have a small 'quiz' - say for ex: Show the fruit that has a thorny skin (pineapple) -and kids
have to pick up the right flashcard picture.
2. Use pictures of fruits and vegetables in kids picture books. Ask them to identify etc.
3. Make a fruit or vegetable salad - ask kids to help you by handing you the fruit or vegetable you ask for.
4. Take the child along on a trip to the fruit and vegetable market - point out various fruits and vegetables there.
5. Use fruits and vegetables worksheets to re-inforce the knowledge. Worksheets may be to identify, to color in, connect the dots, write the name, etc. There are many such worksheets available and you can also get some online. Printable worksheets can also be considered; that you can download and print right away.
Fruits and vegetables worksheets
Fruits and vegetables video for kids - fruits
Fruits and vegetables video for kids - more fruits
Fruits & vegetables video for kids - vegetables
Fruits & vegetables video for kids - more vegetables
Other kindergarten and preschool lessons
- Action words for kids
Action words for kids can be made fun. Do these interesting activities with the kids to help them learn action words. Also given are videos of action words for kids.
- Shapes for kids | Teaching shapes
Teaching shapes to kids is easy and fun! There are a lot of resources and activities available online that you can use to help kids learn shapes. Shapes for kids can be a fun topic.
- Nursery Rhymes - lyrics, pictures & videos| Nursery ...
Nursery rhymes for kids in English are fun for all. See here the nursery rhymes with lyrics and pictures for a popular list of nursery rhymes. Also enjoy some kids rhymes videos.
- Preschool videos | ABC & 123 | Learn ABC & Numbers
Preschool videos online to teach abc & 123 to children are an interesting way to introduce your preschool kid or toddler to the alphabet and numbers. This article has several such videos. It also has a set of informative tips to introduce your ba
- Teaching colors
Teaching colors should be fun! There are so many resources and interesting approaches to make teaching colors fun and exciting.
© 2013 wwriter