Fun With Family
Family Fun on a Budget
A lot of times your children are busy with friends, homework, games or other things they enjoy doing. But what about those times when they are bored, its raining or they just keep complaining that they have nothing to do? I have come up with a list of quality things to do with your children in those situations. Budgets are tight now a days, and these ideas cost little to nothing and will allow your child some fun as well as quality time spent with you.
But do not make Family fun day just about times they are bored. Make it a date once a week. This gives you a chance to spend time as a family and catch up. Nothing is better then spending time with the ones you love. It is important for strong relationships.
Ideas For Family Fun Night
- You can go to your local thrift store and buy board games. Sometimes games are missing pieces so be sure to check them before buying them, but most of the time they are like new and cost about $15.00 less then they would at the store if you bought it new. Playing a game with your child is very fun and being in competition with you is something that they will enjoy!
- Pack a lunch and go the beach or if there is no beach around, go on a picnic at a park.
- You can always go to one of those rent a movie for a buck boxes and agree on a movie that you can watch together.True they can watch a movie on their own, but actually going and picking it out together, and then watching it together, allows you to spend time with each other. After it is over, discuss what you liked and didn't like about it.
- Get fit! You can go to the park and run laps together, or play a sport. If you belong to the YMCA they usually have nights where children can join you during your workout. Let them come. Play tennis.
- Color! Yes sit down with crayons and a coloring book and color a picture together. It is actually pretty fun, I do it all the time. Making a special picture just for them gives them a great feeling. You can exchange pictures when you are done.
- You can usually find a bunch of free family activities in your local newspaper. They have fairs, museums, arts and crafts and library activities that are usually free or cost very little.
- If you are near a beach, take them in the evening when it is cooler, walk along the shore and collect sea shells. Try to see who can find the biggest one. It is great because the shells can be used later for art projects and decorations.
- My daughter loves it when I take her to the local dollar store. I give her two or three dollars and tell her that she can pick out her own things. She will spend almost an hour looking around trying to find what she wants. She loves the fact that she can make her own choice and that she will be paying for it.
- If you have a house, you can camp out in your backyard. Put up a tent, get your sleeping bags out and spend the night outside. Me personally I do not like camping in the woods, and this would be a great alternative. Tell stories, make jokes and just talk.
- Mom's and daughter's. Do makeup and hair. Have a mini makeover night. Dad's and son's. Build a model together.
- Do Art's and Craft's and make things for the next holiday.Usually kids have paper and crayons, markers and glue around. You can use things from the house like water bottles, coffee cans, old fabric etc to create fun projects that you can display during the holidays.
- Just the other day I decided to play the Wii with my daughter. Oh how bad I was at some of the games, but my daughter got such a kick out of it. I laughed harder than I have laughed in a long time. Yes at my expense, but it was worth it!
There are many things that will allow you to spend quality time with your children while spending little money. It just takes a little creativity! The laughs that you will enjoy together are priceless.