Child Safety Tips for Kids at Home, Roads and Online Safety!
Elderly persons need as much safety measures as the Children?
Be Safe: Safety Tips For Your Dear Ones, especially children and elderly at home:
© Chitrangada Sharan Jan. 2014
All Rights Reserved.
- When I see the hectic, stressed and busy life of today' s youngsters, I have a tendency to compare with my life some two to three decades ago.
- Yes, the general lifestyle today is not, what it was earlier.
- I see everyone in a mad rush, always in a hurry, whether it is to reach the workplace or whether to eat meals.
- Everyone is under pressure to compete or complete his/ her job.
- As a result there is always a risk of some slips and some misses.
- As any other person, I feel concerned for family members, for the youngsters in general.
- This prompted me to write down a list of precautions or safety tips, which might be helpful to many.
# Home Safety Tips:
- Fit safety railings, guards, on balconies, windows and stairways.
- Ensure safe electrical sockets and wiring.
- Attach non-slippery backing to rugs and opt for non-slip flooring.
- Provide a guard to fireplace and radiators.
- Ensure to follow all safety tips for usage of LPG cylinder or cooking gas pipelines.
- Put away safely medicines, insecticides, matchboxes, sharp tools,plastic bags, other poisonous domestic products etc., so that it is not accessible to children or elderly persons.
- Ensure safe handling of hot utensils, water etc. in the kitchen.
- Supervise children and elderly family members in the bathroom and do not leave them on their own.
- Have emergency telephone numbers of fire brigade, ambulance, police, doctors handy. Also teach the kids and the elderly, what to do in an emergency.
- Educate the kids about how to call for help in case of an emergency.
- Same with the elderly at home. Provide contact numbers in writing and show them the place, where you have noted them.
Do you use Mobile phone while driving?
# Safety Tips On Roads:
Heavy road traffic is a global menace. And this affects everyone, whether a motorist or a pedestrian.
- Ensure repair, maintenance and road worthiness of your vehicle, that is brakes, light, tyres and other important details.
- Be 100% attentive while driving and avoid using mobile phones, wear safety seat belts.
- Drive within speed limit and observe all traffic rules, traffic signals.
- Do not drink and drive. Also avoid driving when you are under some medication, which makes you drowsy.
- Never leave the keys in the ignition or children alone in the vehicle.
- Make sure to carry your Car' s important documents such as, Insurance papers, Registration papers etc, along with you and keep their photocopies at home.
- Pedestrians should equally follow safety tips while crossing the roads or Intersections or even while walking on the Footpaths.
- Watch out for traffic signals and be careful, if they are somehow hidden by trees etc.
- Be alert and cautious of reckless drivers and do not cross behind big vehicles like buses or trucks.
- Be aware of Pedestrian' s traffic rules and regulations and follow them.
- Two wheeler drivers must wear helmets.
# Recreational Safety:
- Know the safety rules of your recreational activities, such as Swimming, boating and other Sports.
- Always use beaches patrolled by life saving personnel.
- Do not enter unexplored waters and in open water and it is advisable to stay in a group.
- Use water with caution of under water currents, rocks etc.
- In case of any untoward incident or emergency, do not panic and keep helpline numbers handy.
- While boating, wear life jackets and be cautious about the weather. It is better to know about the weather forecasts beforehand.
- Keep sufficient fuel and supplies handy and keep the coast guard aware of your schedule.
- Carry sufficient first aid items, medicines, food and drinkable water.
- Do not leave your small children to play on their own. Keep an eye, while they play.
# Internet Safety:
Internet has become an integral part of our lives. In other words, it is difficult to imagine life without Internet. We depend on it almost every minute, for our jobs, for bank transactions, for payment of bills and the list goes on.
- All of us know it that how careful we should be about our personal details, bank details, passwords etc. Therefore follow all safety guidelines regarding these details.
- Always use Anti virus software/ program and regularly scan your computer. This will identify and eliminate any damage thereof.
- Never reply to unidentified emails or pop up messages, asking for your personal details and have your email with trusted names only.
- A lot of sites offer free Downloads. Do not get tempted as it may prove harmful for your computer.
- Always have a back up of your important files, documents, pictures and other things, you consider important. This will ensure that you do not loose your important documents, in case your computer is out of order.
- If your kids are small, supervise and teach them the Do's and don'ts while using Internet. Children have a tendency to click on every Pop up sites.
- Also keep a guard on what your kids are watching on Internet.
This is just a small list:
There can be numerous other safety tips for children, adults and the aged people.
Life is full of challenges and we, human beings are most vulnerable.
That does not mean we should be scared or timid.
Life is moving at a fast pace and we must be alert and cautious, to fulfil our responsibilities.
Remember that Life is precious and a great gift of God and we must take care of ourselves and our dear ones.
© Chitrangada Sharan Jan. 9, 2014
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Safety Tips and Driving Lessons, Source: You tube
Safety for the elderly at home, source: You tube
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Loneliness Among Children : Are You Too Busy To Noti...
Busy parents and lonely children is the reality of today's society.But it is a necessity for both the parents to earn, to manage a decent living. How to find a balance so kids are also given attention.
- Sibling Rivalry : Signs, Symptoms And Parenting Tips...
While mostly siblings are best friends, in many families, there is Sibling Rivalry as well and most upset and sad by this are the parents only.Can the Parents be blamed? If yes, can they handle this?
- Online Shopping : The Latest Trend Of Shopping For ...
Internet savvy people prefer Online shopping in the comfort of their homes to traditional shopping. Why? Because it saves time, energy and money. You can avoid driving on busy roads during peak hours.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan