What We always Tell Our Daughter Before She Goes to Sleep
The Sweetest Kid
school even speaks about her skipping multiple grades.
Every day, I try to tell her all the things that she does that make me proud. I tell her I am so happy that she is my daughter and no one else's. I praise her more than I should probably should. If she does have one downfall is probably being a bit too much of the ego. But we go to church twice a week and her pastors quite aware of her flourishing ego. So. He always works with her on becoming a lovely modest young lady; it has helped, and she is becoming more humble. God loves servants.
What I am trying to do is taking her out in the great outdoors more. If we see an injured animal, we try to nurse it back to health, and then give it to a sanctuary that can handle the animal. I want her to realize that God has created all animals, and that is our responsibility to take care of them. I take her outdoors, so she can see all the beautiful marvel that God has created. Such as the mountains, the lakes, all the different types of trees and plants, and everything that he has created. No matter how beautiful Brianna is, or how smart she is, there are always other people, and especially God that outrank her in this.
Every night, before I tuck her into bed, after she read me her story book, I always do the same tradition. While she is on the age of this day-life, in the life of the dream world, I always make sure I say the same things to her and her ear.
1. You are loved by your family, friends, and Jesus.
2. You love your family and friends just much as they do you.
3. You are a smart girl, and you will use that genius to help others.
4. You are not on this earth to glorify yourself, but to glorify God.
5. You're a happy, sweet, sweet, sweet girl.
6. Well, you need to work on your patience, mommy and daddy will help you get there.
7. Well, you are so smart in school, I know that you are going to help your classmate to keep up with their work to show them that they can be just as smart as you.
8. God willing, you will do something so great in this world that it will help all of mankind.
9. If you do choose to marry, I hope that he is truly worthy of you, and he treats you like the princess that you are. If not, he will have to answer to your Sailor father and Marine mother.
10. There is nothing that you could, you possibly do to make me and your daddy love you any less. No matter what mistake you make, no matter how far, how far you fall, we will always love you, and you are always being your daughter. We will always be so proud of you, and you will always be welcome back into this house. This house is much as yours as it is mine.
11. You are Jesus' servant, make him proud. I wasn't supposed ever to have you, but he gave me you. This means you need to show Jesus you will so great things in this life.
P.S. I love you Bri, and I know you have dirty clothes under your bed. If you ant a Mickey Mouse pancakes and chocolate chips for the eyes, and strawberries for his mouth for breakfast, you better take care of all of that before I come back. I still love you though!