- Family and Parenting»
It's Complicated - Stay a Teen
Playing the Field
Playing Grown Up and the Health Risks Involved
You would think nowadays that the very notion of "free love," would be long lost to pains of Syphilis, AIDS, Gential Herpes, and Genital Warts. However between Twitter, Facebook, online sexting, and other social networking sites geared to match-up people for intimate activities, we have lost our minds.
People do not realize how painful a canker sore that is situated on their private parts really are, or how dirty it can make some girls feel. That is not even the worse of the problems complicated by having unprotected, intimate, relations. The medical complications that coincides with allowing an unprotected male appendage close to you, is only a tiny part of the big picture. Whether a woman is young or old, she needs to cease the "it won't happen to me" mentality. Conversations about some of theses health complications to having intimate relations, need to also include the extra emotional constraints that this type of activity puts on a relationship, regardless of age. The sooner women realize becoming intimate means taking on BIG responsibilities, the better off she will be.
Teen Resources for Information
- Sex and Tech | The National Campaign
The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy seeks to improve the lives and future prospects of children and families and, in particular, to help ensure that children are born into stable, two-parent families who are committed to and
- Teenagers and how to survive them | Mail Online
The OMG Facts of Life
Let's face it..., the consequences of teenage girls getting pregnant while in high school, often have an unfortunate profound impact on their young lives. The results of this mishap are generally unwanted, and can lead to teenage depression, and in rare cases suicide. The usual normal circumstances that often follow sexually active teens, also happens to be the leading factor, behind this nation's always increasing, high school, dropout rate. These fresh new dropouts are less likely to go on to higher learning, and often find themselves living in poverty. With little to no education to speak of, there is a very high probability that a young mother, will repeat her mistakes, and have another unwanted or ill prepared for baby. Data shows that the younger the parent, the more likely they were to have another child, within that following year, after the birth of the first baby.
Here's some facts about teen pregnancy taken from the TEEN site Get Informed ι Stay Teen website.
- Three out of ten teenage girls in the United States get pregnant at least one before age 20 -- that amounts to 745,000 teen pregnancies each year.
- The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the industrialized world -- twice as high as in England or Canada and eight times as high as in the Netherlands or Japan.
- Children of teen mothers do worse in school than those born to older parents -they are 50 percent more likely to repeat a grade.
- Pregnant teens are far less likely to receive timely and consistent prenatal care than those who get pregnant at a later age in life.
- The children of teen mothers are more likely to be born prematurely and at low birth weight and are two times more likely to suffer abuse and neglect compared to children of older mothers.
- Teen mothers are also more likely to smoke during pregnancy!
- Two-thirds of families begun by a young unmarried mother are poor. More than half of all mothers on welfare had their first child as a teenager -- which can further impede their ability to finish school or keep a job, and to escape poverty.
- The daughters of young teen mothers are three times more likely to become teen mothers themselves.
- The sons of teen mothers are twice as likely to end up in prison.
- The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.