Some Experiences Your Kid Must Have.
As part of growing up, your child will go through many experiences both good and bad. These are essential for the growth of your kid. But how do you know whether he/she is experiencing those little things that can be a lot of fun and will turn into cherished memories during adult years?
The points below describe some of those experiences that you should plan for your child to have:
1) A visit to see a new born: When your kid is big enough to walk and talk, this is one thing you would want him/her to see. Children, just like grown-ups, are awed at the sight of a baby. It will introduce him/her to the concept of beginnings. If possible, as time goes on, take your child to visit the baby so that he/she can see how much it has changed.
2) A trip to a place with lots of natural attractions: This is specially for those kids who live in cities and are not exposed to nature much. This habit will turn into a life-long passion for outdoors, something that is needed in this fast paced era where technology is prized above other things. Examples of good places that you can visit are: parks, reserves, fields, woods, and water bodies such as the sea, rivers, or even a pond with ducks and fishes.
3) Participation in an event/festival: Taking time off and going to an event such as a sports competition, fairs, carnivals and festivals is really worthwhile. The sights and sounds which captivate children, provide excellent entertainment and so many new things to learn.
4) A sleep-over: Going over to a friend’s is something most grown-ups remember as part of their childhood all through their lives. You can plan the sleep-over either at your house or at the house of a friend. Supervision is necessary and so is planning ahead. Make sure to have at hand foods, games or toys to keep them entertained. A story just before sleeping is considered the best treat.
5) A journey or a long drive: You can cover just a little distance the first time round. On the way, point out the various sights and landmarks. Also be open to questions and remember to travel safe. Take along water, snacks, money and any medication that your child might need as well as other personal items if the journey will be a long one.
6) The taste of a foreign food: In todays world, which is more of a global village, it is easier than ever to relish flavors of other countries. Restaurants specially made for this purpose serve foods from their homeland, such as Chinese, Italian and Indian restaurants. Food is the first step in exposing your child to diverse cultures all around the world. You or your child might hesitate a bit when trying new dishes. In this case, try a dish that is made up of some ingredients that you are familiar with, for example chicken lovers might love chicken balls from china, meat lovers can try kebabs, originally an Arab dish, vegetarians can go for risotto rosso from Italy and not forgetting those who are crazy about fish, Spain's tuna-stuffed tomatoes will be sure to surprise you.
7) Collecting stuff : Collecting stuff that is interesting is very worthwhile since years later, you can go back and look at it, as well as show it to others.Anything ranging from toys to coins, or from jewelery to tools can be collected. It all depends on the choice of the collector.It doesn’t matter if your kid stops collecting after some time, as long as he/she did have something to keep and display. Store/display it in a special place for that collector’s effect.
8) The joy of giving to others: The inner happiness found after helping others is one experience you must definitely let your child have. Even if what he/she is giving away is something small, it helps a lot in nurturing feelings of compassion in kids. Encourage them with your example by taking part in charity work and donations.
As you can see, none of the above are difficult to plan but the effect they will have on your child will be immense. So go ahead and take your child through all these exciting moments and activities.
Here are sum more hubs for parents:
- Easy, Tasty Vegetable Recipes For Kids
- Getting to Know Your Daughter by Cooking Together.
The relationship between mother and daughter starts to form right at the time of the daughters birth and continues through the lives of both. Though this relationship, like any other, has its own...