- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Spending Quality Time with Your Child
It is very important that you spend some quality time with your family to strengthen the bond between you and your child as this help to assure the child that you can be counted on and trusted. It has become very difficultin today’s busy life to take time out for family and doing activities together, but it is absolutely necessary to spend time with your child and let them know and feel that you are always there for them. It creates a sense of security in the child’s mind. Children who are given proper care at home perform better in all kinds of academic and extracurricular activities at school. Such children are also known to do better in sports and hobbies. Therefore, you should spend as much time with your child as you possibly can.
Your children are your priority. Therefore, you have to dig in your busy schedule to find time to spend with them. If you are thinking how you can find time in your crazy schedule, well, for someone as important as your child, you must find a way.
My Other Related Article:
- Diplobugs: You Cannot Spoil a Child through Love
All parents are concerned about spoiling their children, but you can't spoil a child through love. Love is imperative so that a child knows they are wanted.
Want to know how you can make the most of the time you spend together? Here are some suggestions that will help you.
· Make the everyday routine time you spend together more enjoyable and fun by listening to or singing their favourite songs on the way to school or day-care centre. You can also discuss about the things happening in their lives and their interest while you are driving to or back from school.
· Take a look at the chores you need to do around the house and analyse which of those you can do later or delay to give more time to family. Try to spend time with your child and do a few chores after they have gone to bed.
· You will need to be creative and flexible to make time if you have more than one child as each child needs individual and equal attention from you. This may be difficult but you will have to juggle things around for their sake. It will leave a negative impact on your child’s mind and make them feel less important if you fail to spend that individual time with each of your children.
Stability and routines help the children to flourish and grow, so you must plan and spend as much quality time with them as you possibly can. There are so many things that you can do with your child; go shopping, walk the dog, watch family movies, visit the park, schedule family dinner on weekends or go out for ice-cream. The point is spend time with each other, because at the end of every day it is family that matters most.