- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice»
Stay-at-home mom; a guide to surviving
Break the cycle of boring
You did it! You became a stay at home mother. You have quality time with your kids and are able to make a home made dinner for your husband every night. What a dream this is! Once you start a routine and have it down, it gets old pretty quick. Wake-up, cook breakfast, do laundry, clean up the kids' mess, clean floors, defrost supper, cook, do dishes. Then wake-up and do it all over again. Thought you would have time to relax, did you? Do not worry, it is not the end of the world. There has got to be a way to have our cake and eat it to right? Yes. First we must pre-heat the oven and mix the ingredients! We will worry about the dishes later.
Pre-heat the Oven!
- I thought i had to clean EVERYDAY. Yes, a clean home is a happy home, but you also live in it with kids, your going to tire out pretty quick if you try to stay on top of it. Relax.
- Schedule a day to do a FULL house clean once a week. A little extra dust or dirt never hurt anybody. Always try to initiate your kids to help as well. Let them give sweeping or mopping a try, and give them praise afterwards. Set chores, make them pick-up there own toys and put them in the proper place. That one is a little tricky, but reward them after.
Mix Those Ingredients!
- Schedule a grocery shopping day and pick out healthy meals or breakfast ingredients your family loves to eat; get seven days worth. Save time by picking up disposable freezable food trays, and paper plates, less cleanup afterwards.
- Go home and prepare to freeze the meals you prepared. That way all you have to do is thaw it out and heat it up! No more having to think about what to cook or spending time in the kitchen to prepare it. Make sure you label and put dates on everything. The time spent cooking now can go towards catching up on a show, reading a book to your kids, or taking a walk.
Time to Do the Dishes
- Skip hand washing a dish, let your dishwasher do the job! The most important thing is your health, your state of mind. If you are tired and feeling stuck in a everyday routine, it can effect your family. By the time your husband gets home, the kids have wore you out, your crabby and ready for bed! Not good for a healthy marriage.
- Make YOU time, lay your kids down for a movie and a nap. Get some Yoga or Pilates in to help clear your mind. You can also start using essential oils to help with your mood and stress releif. Get a baby sitter once a week for "date night".
- Most of all, just because you quit your job and you are getting to stay home with your kids, never feel guilty your husband has to work. If so, talk with your husband and let him ease your mind. My husband was happy that one of us could spend time with them instead of putting them in daycare all day/everyday. He did not mind one bit. It is work, but you can achieve being happy and not going insane. It is a blessing to be able to watch your kids grow and be there for milestones.
Be free, not guilty
Does "Date Night" still happen?
Do you and your husband still do "Date Night"?
Stress reducing oils and techniques
- 13 Essential Oils To Reduce Stress - mindbodygreen.com
If you are feeling stressed, anxious, or are finding yourself unable to cope, then essential oils can help you find balance. Their healing power is unstoppable, so to invite yourself to really heal,
- How to Reduce Stress: 10 Relaxation Techniques To Reduce Stress on the Spot
If your hectic lifestyle has got you down, WebMD's experts say relaxation techniques can bring you back into balance -- some in 5 minutes or less. Here's what to try.