Stop Cabin Fever with Fabulous Thanksgiving Crafts and Activities for Kids of All Ages!
Whether you have a preschooler or a middle schooler, your child will likely come up to you at some point this month (especially if they are off school the entire week of Thanksgiving like mine are!) and proclaim "I'm bored!" Here are some great ideas to keep your child busy, having fun, and (gasp!) even learning!!
Thanksgiving Crafts and Activities for Preschoolers
There are tons of things your preschooler can do to learn about Thanksgiving! Just because they are little doesn't mean preschoolers can't learn the fundamentals of this important holiday. Working with your child(ren) on crafts, reading them stories, and even letting them help with the cooking makes kids feel important, and gives them a boost of confidence. Here are some of my favorite activities to help you get in the Thanksgiving spirit (click on any for more information, directions, templates and more):
- Learn to make adorable invitations for a preschool Thanksgiving feast!
- Indian Corn Craft and Five Kernels of Corn Legend See photo below.
- FREE Turkey Numbers Match Printable
- More Turkey Please! 5 Cute Thanksgiving Turkey Crafts!
- 10 Simple Turkey Crafts for Preschoolers
- 25 FREE Preschool Thanksgiving Printables
- Thanksgiving Printable Song & Worksheets
- Turkey Play Dough Math Mats
- Pumpkin Pie in a Cup - Recipe that kids will actually eat!
Indian Corn Craft and Five Kernels of Corn Legend
Great Thanksgiving Books for Kids
Thanksgiving Songs for Children - Ten Little Turkeys - Kids Song by The Learning Station
Thanksgiving Lessons, Crafts and Activities for K-3
As kids get older, they are able to understand more difficult concepts and take part in more complex activities. Here are some of my favs for kids in kindergarten through 3rd grade!
- How Pete the Cat Saved My Pilgrim Unit - Great article on Scholastic with tons of info and activities!
- Thanksgiving Lessons for Grades PreK-2: Common Core-aligned lessons and activities introduce your students to the Pilgrims' voyage on the Mayflower, the interaction between the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag, and the first Thanksgiving feast. (From Scholastic)
- Free Thanksgiving Activities Printable Pack – 16 Pages
- How to Cook a Turkey FREEBIE
- Thanksgiving Turkey Rice Krispie Treats
- Football Turkey Craft for Kids to Make
- Thanksgiving Story Printable and Bracelet Craft and Activity
Free Color by Number Printable
Thanksgiving Toys and Games
Thanksgiving Lessons, Crafts and Activities for Grades 4-8
Older kids may not admit it, many of them actually like to learn! Holidays are a great opportunity to let kids learn while having fun. Here are some great activities for older kids.
- Handprint Fall Tree Craft: Two Ways
- Thankful Writing: An Expository Writing Lesson
- Thanksgiving Mad Libs
- Thanksgiving Math Projects For The Secondary Classroom
- Creative Thanksgiving Ideas for Middle School Math
- Native American Corn Grinding Activity
- Thanksgiving Table Decorations Kids Can Make (See photo below)
- Mini Paper Pumpkin Patch
What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving Recipes for Kids
No Thanksgiving is complete without some fun food! Here are some fabulous ideas for recipes you can do with your kids this holiday. Enjoy!