- Family and Parenting»
- Babies & Baby Care
Summer Infant Mother’s Touch Deluxe Baby Bather Review
Not Your Average Bather
When I was building up my baby registry I made extensive research on most baby items because I know not all baby products out there for sale are necessary. Many of them which your baby will use just a couple of times, be done with it and all it does thereafter is take up space and collect dust. That’s why when I was choosing a bather I wanted something that you can “disappear” easily. Preferably one that is cheap as well. So, I was all over this bather when I saw it online.
The folds down for easy storage and mobility. It has head support and reclines at three levels so baby can seat at the most comfortable position. It fits large sinks and bathtubs. The sling is made of mesh which allows the water in the bath to keep baby warm. The sling can be removed from the frame to be washed and the fabric is machine washable. The bather is made of mesh, metal, and plastic and comes in blue and pink with prints. Made in China. Summer Infant Mother’s Touch Deluxe Baby Bather
- It’s collapsible and compact.
- It’s cheaper than most baby bathers.
- It’s very lightweight.
- Even though the description in the store’s website says the plastic bottom won’t skid, it does skid. I would suggest putting one of those rubber mats that go in the tub or a wet towel under it to avoid skidding.
- Bather needs a strap to keep baby from slipping down. My son keeps slipping down and I am constantly repositioning to be upright.
- It does not fit sinks smaller than 26 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 10 inches tall. I am adding a picture of my sink so you can get an idea of how big your sink needs to be if you are planning to use the sink to bath baby in. My sink is too small and the bather does not fit in it.
- It’s rather difficult to fold down.
It’s not an item you would expect to last a long time. If you want something that will last several years, through several babies, I would not recommend getting this bather. However, if you are thinking about something that is mobile, compact, and convenient, then this is the bather for you. Even with its cons I really like this bather. Baby likes it too. He likes to play with the warm water coming through the mesh. I don’t fold mine down. I just plop it over the air vent on the floor, which helps air dry it and avoid mold build up. If I could I would give this item a 3 1/2 but since I can't I am giving it a 4. And remember, never ever leave baby unattended in the bath, not even for a second. Even strapped, baby could drown.