- Family and Parenting»
Looking at Amazing Child Prodigies
Current Child Prodigies
When we think of child prodigy, Mozart and Beethoven comes to mind. Mozart started composing at the age of 5 and Beethoven at the age of 7. What defines a child prodigy is young children, age 15 or younger, who are born with natural musical talent that are comparable to those of highly skilled adults musician. For most children, they will need a lot of practice and music lessons before they can even be compared to the likes of Mozart and Beethoven, even for some adult musician as well. Here are a list of current child prodigies to shame your kids with:
1. Guitar - Yuto Miyazawa, hold the Guinness Book Of World Records title as the "Youngest Professional Guitarist" at the age of 8. Yuto started to show signs of guitar playing talent at the age of 3, playing songs from his favorite rock artists such as Ozzy, Clapton, KISS, and Metallica even when the guitar was bigger than him. Since his discovery, Yuto has had the chance of the lifetime to play with various music rock stars such as, G. E. Smith, Les Paul, Galactic, Deep Banana Blackout, Ozzy Osbourne and many more.
2. Violin - Brianna Kahane was hailed as a violinist child prodigy at the age of 10, but displayed talent at the age of 4 when she first started playing violin at the age of 3. She has been accepted to the notable conservatory arts, The Julliard School, when she turned 10. Since then, she has performed for numerous events and show as well as on The Oprah Winfrey show. Iconic violinists such as Itzhak Perlman, Joshua Bell, Ida Haendel, Arnold Steinhardt, and even Bill Clinton have all had the pleasure to see Brianna perform as she played for each of them.
3. Piano - Ethan Walmark at the age of 6, showed great talent in playing the piano. He quickly rose to stardom, when his mother, Allison Walmark, videotaped him playing "Piano Man" by Billy Joel effortlessly and with only with a few piano lessons. The video clip went viral the same day it was uploaded on to YouTube, currently receiving over 1 million views and over 7 thousand 'likes." What makes Ethan even more exceptional is the fact that he has Autism Spectrum Disorder. Although, he may not be able to do many things that comes naturally to other children, he definitely excel in playing the piano.
4. Drums - Jaxon Smith, a YouTude sensation and child drum prodigy, has gained notoriety for his drumming talent at only the age of 6 years old. His video clip of him playing "The Pretender" by Foo Fighters, went viral with over 700,000 views and over 7 thousand 'likes ' and now have over 50 videos of him drumming to The Who, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, and the Smashing Pumpkins. What makes him even more incredible is the fact that he taught himself how to play the drums. Watching DVD of concerts of his favorite bands such as Muse and Rush, was how he learned to pay the drums and not by a drum teacher.
Pics Of Child Prodigies
What is your favorite instrument to play?
About Jashaun Agosto
Jashaun is great athlete and colleges have been trying to recruit him at age 10. But can he make it into the NBA though? Is he future NBA material? He is currently a 9th grader and is on his way to stardom. He can run under a mile under 5 minutes. He's projected Vo2 levels after puberty is said to exceed even Lance Armstrong. He also he works out 4 hours every day 7 days a week. He's work ethic is insane.
It says he makes at least 50 free throws in a row a day. And he makes 250 free throw jumpers without missing 2 in a row. (If its real, that’s insane even for a pro, much less a kid). In practice he made 53 out of 63 three pointers around the world. With every day making at least 34 out of 44. That translates to more than 75% 3 pt. percentage? Can I say Ray Allen?
When you watch YouTube highlights and you safely say this kid has the complete skillset. His shooting is phenomenal( as evidenced by the above stats ). He can make plays for himself and his teammates. Never forcing the issue when he can’t. How he uses his advanced dribbling skill and quickness to blow pass defenders, how he uses screens. How already he has a basketball IQ at a young age to make the right play. How he stays in front of his man diligently without gambling for the steal. How he hustles and positions for rebounds( He gets rebounds even though his small ). How he always seems to know where to be and what to do on the court.
And my favorite quote from his profile:
"Jashaun doesn't want to be the next Kobe.... He wants to be better than Kobe and his other favorite players Allen Iverson and Chris Paul."
I can guarantee you that we'll be seeing a lot of this kid in the future.
Blueprint of a Phenom: Jashaun Agosto
Wait, How Old Did He Graduate From College?
It's time to look at some more amazing child prodigies who are too smart for their own good. Well just how smart are these children? Well by age 7 one performed surgery, by age 17 another taught as a professor, and another was able to read Japanese, Korean, German, English and many other languages by his third birthday. These are all incredible achievements so let’s take a look at these child prodigies.
1) Akrit Pran Jaswal was born on April 23, 1993 and started speaking when he was just 10 months old. When he was 6 he was fascinated with science, doctors noticed how brilliant this child was they allowed him to observe surgeries. Inspired by what he saw he decided to help a family in need by performing a successful surgery on their daughter at age 7. He was then admitted into a medical university at 12 years old.
2) Michael Kevin Kearney was born on January 18, 1984 and taught his first college class at the age of 17. He was able to read at the age of ten months, and when he was 6 he graduated high school. At age 10 he finished his bachelors degree in anthropology from the University of South Alabama and became listed in the Guinness Book of world records for being the youngest university graduate.
3) Kim Ung-yong It's time to look at some more amazing child prodigies who are too smart for their own good. Well just how smart are these children? Well by age 7 one performed surgery, by age 17 another taught as a professor, and another was able to read Japanese, Korean, German, English and many other languages by his third birthday. These are all incredible achievements so let’s take a look at these child prodigies.