The 25 Best Parenting Quotes
25 Best Parenting Quotes
Oh the joys of parenting........Here's a collection of my favorite parenting quotes. So many parents feel overwhelmed and sometimes lost in our day to day struggles. It's nice to know we aren't alone.
My children are testing me daily, and although some days may be a struggle each day always brings something to smile about. Today I sat my four year old son on my lap and had a candid conversation. He is always so honest and sweet with me.
Me- AJ, what do you think it's like to be a parent?
AJ- Daddys and Mommys get to beat up bad guys and bears.
Me- What else do mommys and daddy's get to do?
AJ- Play with their kids.
To a four year old that is what a parent is, a protector and a playmate. Obviously the job entails much more than that, but he has the right idea.
Quotes To Make You Smile
- "A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it." -Jerry Seinfeld
- “In a big family the first child is kind of like the first pancake. If it's not perfect, that's okay, there are a lot more coming along.” - Antonin Scalia
- "Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next." -Franklin P. Jones
- "Children are a great comfort in your old age -- and they help you reach it faster, too. "-Lionel Kauffman
- "The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable." -Lane Olinghouse
- "A person soon learns how little he knows when a child begins to ask questions." -Richard L. Evans
- "Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home." - Bill Cosby
- "Like all parents, my husband and I just do the best we can, and hold our breath, and hope we've set aside enough money to pay for our kids' therapy." - Michelle Pfeiffer
- "The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is because they have a common enemy." - Author Unknown
- "Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them." -P. J. O'Rourke
- "When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." - Erma Bombeck
- "Children always assume the sexual lives of their parents come to a grinding halt at their conception." -Alan Bennett
- “Insanity is hereditary – you get it from your kids.” -Sam Levenson
- “If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time, you’re the grandma.” - Theresa Bloomingdale
- "I take my children everywhere, but they always find their way back home." -Robert Orben
- "Parents are the very last people who ought to be allowed to have children." -H.E. Bell
- "I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S. Truman
- "Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth." - Erma Bombeck
- "No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids." - Bill Cosby
- "The trouble with being a parent is that by the time you are experienced, you are unemployed."- Unknown
- "Any child can tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he's in trouble." - Dennis Fakes
- "The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant - and let the air out of their tires." - Dorothy Parker
- "Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy." -Robert A. Heinlein
- "You know children are growing up when they start sking questions that have answers."-John Plomp
- Real Advice for First Time Moms
Being a mother is the most magical experience you will ever have, but it will also be the most trying and difficult one as well.