The Best Baby Registry Reward Programs: 15 Top Baby Registries
How to Choose the Best Baby Registry for You
So, you've recently found out that you're pregnant...congratulations! Whether you are still in blissful baby euphoria or whether you are in practical, get-ready mode, you will soon realize that there are a whole lot of items that you need to get prior to the little one's big arrival. Fret not. One of the greatest parts of being pregnant is that family and friends want to "shower" you with gifts. To prepare for your one (or five) baby showers, you'll want to create a baby registry.
When choosing where to register for your bundle of joy, there are several factors to consider:
- Proximity to Family and Friends- While there are a number of great online-only registry options, some family and friends prefer to do their shopping in-person. Choose at least one store that is in close proximity to the majority of your family and friends.
- Store's Return Policy- You may find that you end up with duplicates with certain items from your registry right away, in which case you will need to make returns. Additionally, you may find out several months in to parenting your new baby, that you don't need certain things that you registered for and received. Does the store still allow you to return items several months later? Does the store allow you to return opened or slightly used items? These are all things to consider when selecting a store's registry.
- Registry Rewards!- By far my favorite part of creating a registry are the registry rewards. Rewards will help you to save even more money and stock up on extra items for your baby.
Keep in mind, that there is no limit to the number of registry programs that you can participate in. While you might only want to include two or three main registries on your shower invitations, it doesn't hurt to sign up for extra programs in order to reap the rewards!
The Best In-Store Baby Registry Reward Programs
In-store registries are great to be able to see the merchandise that you are adding to your list. You can try out the looks and feel of the products which is extremely helpful, even if you decide to add the merchandise to online lists later. I highly recommend creating these registries in the stores, not only to try out merchandise, but the retailers will also generally provide a goodie bag of some kind. These bags typically contain coupons, samples, and sometimes even larger products for your baby.
- Babies R Us- Babies R Us offers great in-store goodies when you set up your registry. They also offer a 10% completion discount, easy returns, helpful checklist, and occasionally offer 10% cash back on purchases made from your registry.
- Target- Target is great for their selection of stores. They offer a 10% completion discount for unpurchased items from your registry. They provide free shower stationary and a mobile app for managing your registry. They also offer 5% off and free shipping if you use your REDCard. Their return policy changes fairly frequently, so you may want to check prior to creating your registry.
- Buy Buy Baby- Buy Buy Baby provides a great goodie bag and plenty of helpful tools for setting up your registry. They also offer a completion discount and a referral Gift Card of $25 for each qualified friend you refer.
- Pottery Barn Kids- In addition to high-quality products and design advise, Pottery Barn Kids offers a 10% completion discount, a 10% off multiples discount, and an entry into their monthly sweepstakes for a $1,500 gift card.
- Kohls- Kohl's offers the best completion incentive out of any of the registries I've seen. They will provide a 15% discount off any items remaining on your registry. Additionally, they provide free announcement cards and very easy exchanges and returns. Also, if you share your registry via email or Facebook, Kohl's will provide your guests a 20% off discount for in-store purchases of $100 or more!
- Walmart- Walmart offers easy exchanges and returns and a 10% off registry completion coupon.
- JC Penny- JC Penny offers a 10% off completion program and sometimes will provide additional special coupons.
- Giggle- Giggle offers registry announcements and easy returns. They offer a 10% completion discount and while they don't offer cash back, they offer a unique 10% off multiples discount if you are expecting more than one baby. Also, once at least $500 of merchandise is purchased off your registry, Giggle donates 1% of each purchase to the World Wide Orphan foundation. There are not a whole lot of retail locations, however, they have offer many of their products online.
- Right Start- With stores in California, Colorado, Illinois, and Texas, this is not a very large retail chain, however, they have a large online presence. Get $50 cash back for every $500 purchased off your registry, free shipping over $49, and access to baby registry experts.
- Meijer- Meijer does not have a baby registry, however you can create a wish list to use for your baby items. Additionally, they offer a reward program through mPerks. Register an mPerks card and earn 1 Baby Rewards credit for every $100 you spend on qualifying baby merchandise at Meijer. Each reward credit will get you $10 off, so you are roughly earning 10% cash back on your baby purchases.
The Best Online Baby Registry Reward Programs
Online only merchants can often offer cheaper prices on baby items since they don't have the overhead of managing retail locations. Keep in mind, it can be a little more challenging to make exchanges or returns since they require shipping back via mail. However, if that doesn't bother you, these registries can be great options:
- Amazon Baby Registry- Setting up an Amazon registry is very easy and Amazon offers one of the widest selections of products. Amazon Registry rewards offers a 10% off discount for any items remaining on your registry that are unpurchased (completion discount). If you are part of the Amazon Moms program, the discount is 15% off. Amazon also offers a 90 day return policy which is very generous. Additionally, Amazon often offers extra rewards from select merchants. For example, right now Britax is offering the chance to receive a free Britax Boulevard 70-G3 when 5 Britax items are purhased off your registry. See details on this Britax Registry Rewards Page.
- Diapers.com Baby Registry- This registry has a TON of perks. They have a great checklist tool, offer a "ship it later" option to receive items up to 6 months past your due date, a thank-you note manager, and free shipping and returns on all registry items. There is a 10% completion discount off unpurchased item. Perhaps the greatest feature though is their cash back rewards. Once you reach $500 in registry purchases, you will begin to earn 5% cash back in rewards; after reaching $1000 in purchases, you will earn 10% cash back.
- Ideal Baby and Kids- This retailer technically has physical locations in Florida. However, if you don't live in Florida, they have a great online registry program. Receive 10% cash back for all merchandise purchased from your registry, plus receive a 10% off completion discount. Additionally, you will receive a free professional 8x10 photo (potentially Florida only) and $25 gift card for each friend that you refer to the program.
- Land of Nod- Known for sophisticated baby items, the Land of Nod offers and easy registry program. Registrants get free announcement cards and many items ship for free. Discounts include a 10% registry completion program, 15% off when you use a Crate and Barrel credit card, and a 10% off multiples discount.
- Encore Baby Registry- This is a really cool idea. While this site does not offer any monetary amounts off (it actually doesn't offer any products), the alternative gift registry could yield in getting more gifts or unique gifts for your baby. Registrants sign up for types of gifts (play gym, stroller, long-sleeve bodysuit, etc) and purchursers are able to get the gifts from wherever they choose, thus enabling them to take advantage of store coupons, shipping discounts, better selection, etc. If you are environmentally conscious, you could even request that items be secondhand.
Favorite Baby Registry Poll
What is your favorite baby registry?
What is Your Favorite Baby Registry?
Use the poll to select your favorite baby registry. Is there an awesome registry that you've found that isn't listed? If so, let me know in the comments section below and I will add it to the article above. Expectant moms everywhere will thank you!