- Family and Parenting
The Perfect Way To Spend A Friday Night
Alright, so we all know there are nights when teenagers have nothing to do.
Be it that, no one is throwing a party, no one can think of anywhere to go, or you aren't allowed out of the house. That doesn't mean you can't have fun, right?!
Here's a few ideas of things to do. There are things for both guys and girls, so there's something for both genders to have fun with!
1. Invite friends some friends over for a clothing swap. This has always been something fun. Tell everyone to bring over some clothes they no longer use, and have everyone sit their stuff in a circle. Then, people can go around trading things with the other girls. It's like getting new clothes for free!
2. Have a movie night. Have a favorite actor or actress? Grab some popcorn and soda, sit back on the couch, and enjoy all the movies featuring Bruce Willis, Taylor Lautner, Miley Cyrus, or anyone else you can think of! It's fun to watch them act as different characters.
3. Spa night. This can be done with friends or all by yourself. Purchase some supplies from the grocery store, or beauty shop. Some great spa tips are located at Seventeen.com! It's a great way to unwind after a busy week.
4. Make funny web cam videos! send them out to all your friends. You can tell them jokes, reminisce about old times, and just crack them up. You can even get online and chat with them, on websites like Skype or Stickam. It's funny to see how people act on a webcam.
5. Create your OWN party! Nothing big, nothing like the college parties. Invite some friends over for creative ideas, like a Wii Party, Movie Party, Baking Party, or A crazy confetti party in the backyard.
6. Start a band. Cliché, sometimes, but it can really be a fun experience. If you don't know how to play and instrument, then spend the night watching YouTube videos of people who explain how to play the guitar, drums, or keyboard.
7. Have a video game show-off. We all know guys, (and some girls) like video games, so why not invite some friends over and show them who rules at Guitar Hero, Halo 3, or C.O.D 4? This is a funny way to settle rivalries, problems, or just to let loose and have some fun, crushing your friends in the online game world ;)
8. Create your own. We all know you like Rob Dyrdek, Paris Hilton and those other famous people. And they all have clothing/shoe/etc lines that you buy from. Why not figure out what yours would be if you were famous? Some people create some really great things. Get some t-shirts, old shoes, ribbon, cloth, and some spray paint, and go at it!
9. Spend some time with the family. Sometimes you dislike them, sometimes they bug you, but they're you're family. Have a game night, cook dinner together, sing karaoke, just connect again.
10. Have some quiet time. Everyone needs a little 'me time' and it's an important thing to have. It helps you calm down from a crazy week, and just get in touch with yourself. You can spend it listening to music, reading a book, or meditating. Whatever helps you relax and feel at peace with yourself.