- Family and Parenting»
- Day Care & Babysitting
The Pros and Cons of Military Boarding School
Like any other educational institution, there are advantages and disadvantages of sending your child to a military boarding school. This article will focus on each of those pros and cons. This article will give you a fair idea as to what you can expect from a boarding school if you are planning to send your child to one.
Military boarding school advantages
1. Board and Lodging
The military boarding school has living quarters that your son or daughter can use while he or she is enrolled in the boarding school. The advantage of this would be that you will not have to worry about financing your child's living expenses during his or her training.
2. Values Learned
- In a military boarding school, you can be assured that your child will learn discipline and other important values that he will need when he finally comes out into the real world. If you want your child to be a strong and self sufficient individual, the military boarding school is the answer to your problems.
- In addition to this, a student in a military school tends to be more respectful to others because of the discipline that they learn in this kind of school.
- Some of these schools also give focus on the formation of values. They also have religious formation in some military schools. This assures you that your child will become a stronger person with regards to his character and belief system. In these schools, your child will also become more tolerant of other religions.
There are also some disadvantages in enrolling your child in a military school. These are as follows.
- There is limited contact with your child during his stay in military school. This is because they are trying to teach your child to become more independent and self sufficient for his future endeavors as a young individual in society.
- The rigorous training may take its toll on your child if he or she is not prepared to handle such pressure from his peers and superiors in the military school. This is why if you want to have your child enrolled in military boarding school; you have to make sure that he is physically and psychologically fit for this kind of environment. If not, you should never consider convincing your child to enroll in military school.
If he enrolls in military boarding school on his own volition, you have to make sure that he is prepared for the consequences of his actions. You should show him the disadvantages and advantages of enrolling in such a school. If he is still convinced and sticks by his decision, then you should never stop your child from pursuing his dreams of serving his country through the military.
A military boarding school will teach your child discipline and other important values that he can use in real life. Nevertheless, this school is not for everyone. You as a parent should make sure that your child is prepared to handle the pressure and difficulties of being in the military school.