Too Young for Etiquette?
Neither, Nor Too Young for Etiquette
"Etiquette is essential in all areas of life, from wedding to funerals and everything in between. Even if you don't use all the information, its always good to have access to it."-Debby Mayne
Etiquette teaches us to be kind, humble, considerate, and elegant. It enables us to earn respect and appreciation. Teaching kids the right ethics should be a mandatory for parents and guardians. In this field you are helping your kids support their future with confidence and integrity. Etiquette help them recognize the good and the bad, the better and the worst. This would also help them solve some issues at school, in public places, and social entanglement.
Basic Words Kids should discover as early as possible
- Thank You
- Excuse Me
Nowadays,we heard most parents claiming how polite and behave the children of their generations. Computer age had made changes in the lifestyle of every family. The very simple happiness of kids playing hide and sick, cooking games just with plant leaves and making use of the dried one as their money, playing games like "pick up sticks", jack stones, jumping ropes, and some guessing games had already been left behind by miles of the computer technology. Existence of computer games seem like it has a tremendous side effect on every child's behavioral pattern.
Here are various forms of etiquette for kids that will help parents simplify the solution for their patently wrong behavior. It is called the ELP2.
E=Eating Etiquette; L=Learning Etiquette; P2=Praying and Playing Etiquette
FORMS of Etiquette for Kids
- Eating Etiquette, Table manner is important. From 6 months of age up to an old age, eating became a part of our being. Habit forms during early age. Once bad habit forms it is difficult to change. Eating etiquette teaches one to become a cultured individual who gives emphasis on him wherever he goes. To be specific, burping while others are eating is a bad eating manner. Playing while eating is also inappropriate. Shouting or crying when eating can be irritating. Spitting and intentionally passing of gas is disgusting and rude. A good table etiquette has a wide spectrum. Etiquette is a requirement to become an elegant and cultured person. For instance, when dining you should wait for others to be served before eating, holding the fork and knife in proper manner, how to use table napkins, learn to wait until everyone is finished eating before leaving the table.
- Learning Etiquette, Kids should also learn some basics before entering school. There are do's and don't's. A polite greetings to everyone particularly their teachers. Being friendly to all the classmates to avoid fights with other kids. Tell your kids not to laugh at others mistake, that could give an embarrassment to the other person. Eating, talking with somebody else, or making noise or babbling while somebody is teaching is awkward. The pulling of one's chair, getting things without asking permission or taking home things not properly borrowed. Pushing and shoving when in line with the others is a bad manner. Cheating and bullying are also prohibited.
- Praying Etiquette, Kids must learn the praying etiquette.There should be strict rules to follow. Like making fun when praying is not good. Laughing or talking to a person who is seriously praying and making nose while others are praying should also be avoided. Running and screaming around is not proper. Kids should know how to give respect to the prayer itself. Tell them that the prayer is their way of communication to our Lord Almighty. Kids should be properly guided when praying. Bible stories should be told so as to keep their perception clearer and nearer to God.
- Playing Etiquette, Kids love the art of playing. They like the concept of playing all the time.But parents should help instill the right behavior when playing with the other kids. There are some examples to recall a few. Like calling their playmates a bad name. Grabbing something like toys or food from someone else. Throwing things when friends does not want to let them join on a game. Kids should learn how to interact in a positive way with their playmates. Playing sometimes help them become assertive individuals.
Healthy Behavioral Tips for Kids
Basic Words of Etiquette
*NO, THANK YOU.
Hubs on Etiquette
Helpful Parenting Tips
- Be a Model. Being the model manner in your child's eye at times is self-torturing. Once you commit mistake, a child would rarely accept it if not accompanied with good explanation. Children are very keen in observing the adults.They instantly put on comment when they notice that something is wrong. I have always told my kids to listen and keep an eye to my good intentions of disciplining them. Kids are very sharp, they ask too many questions.
- Learning starts at home. Kids pick-up their virtues at home. Their parents are their first role models. An effective communication and honest conversation with your siblings will promote a higher degree of social practice.
- Be specific. Give your child the perfect words where you can easily grab their attention and listen to it without being skeptical. Drive away their fears and start their focus on the issue. This will teach them to communicate in a proper manner.
- Point out some strict rules. Stick with the rules. Do not give rules you unlikely follow. Their points of view with every rule develops through observation on an adult supervision. Kids doesn't want to always disobey, they instantly feel the guilt once they disobey any certain rule. Do not give them the idea of breaking your own words. Thus this makes them disrespect.
- Patience. Parents to their kids will notice that although there were so many times a rule had been pointed out, kids oftentimes forgot. Being redundant doesn't mean 'not good', parents should never give up their patience. A constant reminder will hep them realize the difference of the bad and a good manners.
- Awareness. Being aware to most of the kids activity will help parents identify a particular behavior of their child which needs to be properly addressed. Lack of awareness sometimes will push your kids to state unintentional lies that if not being corrected might lead sooner to true lies.
- Collaboration. Working together with your kids on any situation or circumstance can help your child uplift their self- esteem and confidence.This will also help diagnose symptoms like ADHD, Autism, and some behavioral pattern that needs medical diagnosis.
- Appreciation. Give their good deed a praise. Never ignore their positive action and victories. Thus, this will leave a remarkable success within them. Kids love being praised and always wanted the adulation from elder people.
- Dismiss the prejudices. Giving bad opinion will leave an impact to their behavior. Instead, encourage them more and teach them how to become a determine individual. Instead of telling them how bad it looks like, explain to them politely the consequences of their action. That way they can have a better understanding.
Do You Know Their Fears?
- Kids: Help Overcome Their Fears
Help your kids conquer their fears by understanding and symphatizing with their feelings.
Join Hubpages Today!
© 2013 agapsikap