- Family and Parenting
Time Saving Tips for Busy Mums
Are you a busy Parent?
Many busy Mums regularly wish for more time in the day as they try to fit in shopping trips, school runs, healthy meals and all of the other chores that fill up their day. That doesn't even include the fact that a lot of Mothers now have to fit all of this in alongside a job! However a busy and hectic lifestyle with no time for yourself can lead to stress and even illness.
Do a regular assessment of your time
- Do you flop in front of the Television or use Facebook for 3 or 4 hours every evening without even speaking to your spouse or partner?
- Do you do little things for your children that they could easily do for themselves? (I found that I was packing my children's school bags every morning and putting on their shoes when they were more than capable of doing this by themselves!
- Try to mantain a regular bedtime for the children. This allows for chillout time or time with your partner later in the evening. If your children are not tired allow them to read until they are ready to drop off.
- Do you find yourself volunteered into just one more bake sale at the school when you are already overloaded? Practise saying no!
- Write a list of the tasks that you need to do. Then prioritise them in order of importance.
This basic slowcooker can be set on a timer and forgotten about. Perfect for a smaller family.
This larger Slow Cooker will cook enough for a large family or you can set it to have a fabulous roast ready for you and your guests at the end of the day!
The Slow Cooker can cook just about anything. Check out some of these great recipies!
Rethink Mealtime Planning
Some meals such as lasagne can be cooked in bulk and then frozen. They can then be defrosted on a busy day so that all that needs to be prepared is some fresh Garlic bread and some salad.
Another option is to invest in a good Quality Slow Cooker. The Slow Cooker can also be used to develop an excellent range of Crockpot meal recipies. In many cases the meal can be prepared the night before and simply taken out of the fridge in the morning and set on low. Your meal is then ready to be served when you return from work in the evening. The Slowcooker or Crockpot is also an excellent option for cooking roast beef or ham. As it cooks the meat so slowly there is no need to worry if you find yourself delayed when you are returning home.
Use your extra time as me-time or time with the children.
During a time of illness when I was unable to drive to the shops, I discovered the joy of food shopping online. The first time you do this may take a little time as it takes a little while to navigate the Grocery store website and to find all the items that you require. However the unbelievable thing about this is that many of the stores it save shopping list into its memory so that the next time you visit all you need to do is edit the previous shopping list. You are given the opportunity to choose a delivery time that suits you and you can also check the quality and freshness of the items when they are delivered.
Cost - €4-€6 depending on the time of day (the price of a taxi ride)
Time saving - 1-2 hours ( Invaluable when you have two small children who absolutely hate the grocery store! This extra time could be used for a trip to the park instead!
Shopping online does not need to be limited to Grocery shopping either. Online stores such as Amazon.com will gift wrap items and deliver them to an alternative address for you saving you wrapping and posting time!
For other benefits of shopping online check out: Advantages of Shopping Online