For First time Moms :How to make Health and Medical Record of Infants and Kids!
Medical Record And Milestones Of Your Child
© Chitrangada Sharan May, 2013
All Rights Reserved.
Useful Information For First Time Mothers:
So, you have a sweet little entry in your home and you are happy as well as excited!
Till the time you are at the hospital, the doctor and the nurses take care of your little one, who is so vulnerable.
- At home it is entirely your responsibility and you want to do it in the best possible manner, Right!
- A little bit of planning and awareness is all that is required to make your baby comfortable and happy and healthy.
- Little babies have a great sense of time, so following a timetable, whether it is their milk time or bath time or sleep time is a must.
- If the schedule is disturbed, the babies also get disturbed and they might cry or even develop some small problems like stomach upset or sleeplessness.
# BIRTH RECORD:
Take a diary and note down the following in clean handwriting--
1. Name of the baby,
2. Date of birth,
3. Time of birth,
4. Place/ Hospital,
5. Delivered by ( Doctor' s name),
6. Weight and Height at the time of birth,
7. General Medical observations,
8. Sex of the baby,
9. Blood Group and Rh factor--!
Medical details, weight, height etc., you can write from the discharge summary, which you must have been given, while being discharged from the hospital.
# IMMUNIZATION RECORD:
You will get guidance about this from your Pediatrician.
They give an Immunization Schedule, which you must follow strictly.
This includes Vaccinations of various kinds at regular intervals. This is basically to protect the infants from various diseases.
Even if the doctor gives a chart, you must note it down in your Baby' s record book and be doubly sure that you are not missing out any one vaccination.
Timely vaccinations are a must for every child. I am not mentioning the Immunization schedule here, as it may be different in different countries.
# GROWTH RECORD:
Make a table like chart in your Record Book, and note down Baby's growth date wise/ month wise. Here is an example------
• LENGTH/ HEIGHT
• HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE
You must see the doctor monthly, at least till six months.
After that at 9 months, one year, eighteen months and then 2, 3, 4 and 5 years of age.
This growth record will be of great help to the doctor, to understand the sound growth of your baby.
# BIRTH CERTIFICATE:
Make sure to get certificate of birth for your baby. It is necessary to submit the same, when he/ she enrolls for school. In India it is issued by the Government and there is a designated process for this.
Having a baby is one of the most wonderful things in your life, as well as the hardest thing in your life.
Child Developemental Milestones Source: You tube
Milestones Record Of Your Child
Here fill the AGE on the right side, at which attained---
1. Smiles when talked to------
2. Follows moving objects----
3. Lifts head and chest, when placed on stomach----
4. Turns over by self------
5. Sits with support of his hands----
6. Follows the direction of sound----
7. Sits without support----
8. Gets the first tooth--
9. Stands while holding something-----
10. Makes sounds like Mamma, Paapa, Baaba----
11. Begins to crawl---
12. Is able to pull himself/ herself up from sitting to standing position----
13. Walks with support of walker etc.
14. Throws objects and loves to watch you pick them up again and again---
15. Walks without support---
16. Understands body parts or simple questions---
17. Points at what he/ she wants----
18. Asks or signals for toilet during daytime----
19. Joins two to three words to communicate----
20. Walks or runs alone.
Remember, these milestones are necessary to analyse and understand the physical and mental growth of the child. When my children were small, their pediatrician used to ask me these questions and I made date wise record of all this.
One important point to be kept in mind is that each child is different. You should not compare your child's growth and Milestones with that of any other child, even not with own brothers and sisters.
As long as the doctor is satisfied with the milestones, you need not worry at all.
Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day.
Do you maintain a Health Record for your child?
- Nothing can be so extraordinary for a woman, than being a mother.
- It's a great feeling, a blessing of GOD to give birth to a child.The pleasure of looking at your little one is so great that you forget all the pain.
- Bringing up kids is a very responsible job and requires a great amount of dedication and patience.For if something adverse happens to the baby due to negligence of the mother, she cannot forgive herself at all.
- Enjoy being a mother and spend the best times of your life with your little one.
#Cherish the precious moments of Motherhood! #
© Chitrangada Sharan, 17th May, 2013
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
An easy way to remember the Immunization Schedule. Source: You tube
Children health record electronically, source: You tube
Other related hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Why do Kids fall ill so frequently ? How to Boost I...
Do you face the problem of your child falling ill again and again? How to build a strong Immune system in children, to fight infections n allergies? What are the foods to boost Immunity in children?
- Common Baby Problems: Try Natural, Herbal, Safe Hom...
Some natural, safe home remedies for your child's common problems, as they cannot tell their problems, so the new mothers have to be vigilant and may try these safe and simple remedies as a first aid.
- Child Safety At Home: 10 Safety Tips For Kids Aged 3...
Toddlers find it amusing to keep their parents on toes.But these are the years, you are going to miss, when they are grown up. For now protect them from injuries, cuts, bruises, by these safety tips.
- Naming Your Baby Boy Or Girl |5 Points To Keep In Mi...
Picking up a name for your child is a proud moment as well as a great responsibility for parents. Take care in selecting the name, so that when grown up, your child does not feel embarrassed about it!
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan