- Family and Parenting
What to Do When You No Longer Need a Diaper Bag
The Busy Bag
I love my Diaper Bag but ..
I loved my diaper bag, when i had my second child I looked high and low for the perfect bag to carry around all the crazy things that I needed to have with me at all times. Fast forward to 3 years later. I have an almost potty trained toddler who rarely needs a diaper bag but there are thing we still need.
So I no longer have a diaper bag because my 4 yr old keeps telling me that I can't call it a diaper bag since it doesn't have diapers in it. I still like the bag and don't mind carrying it around, although I have been tempted more than once to upgrade it to a cuter bag, but i think my husband would freak out if I bought a new diaper bag when i didn't have a baby.The bag has been re- named the busy bag.
The Busy Bag
Here is what the busy bag contains
1. A change of clothes for little man, plus an additional top for me just because you never know when an additional t shirt will come in handy. I have needed it more than once. I often wonder if this would be true if I had girls instead of boys
2. Crayons - Great little activity maker for when we are out and about. Plus my kids are often upset to be limited to two crayons at restaurants and fight over colors if they get different ones.
3. Gerber Water Bottle Spout - this is one of those in case things. It rarely gets used but when it does it is a lifesaver.
4. Small diaper sacks that I can throw dirty clothes in
5. One pull up - just in case - we have had some days where a pull up is necessary with my stubborn child. You can only go through so many clothes before you decide that the pull up is necessary.
6. The Mommy Hook - my husband laughed hysterically at this when I bought it but it has served me well. I can still have my kids in the cart and my purse, busy bag, and resuable shopping bags can hand off the cart using the mommy hook. It is about the size of my hand and hold a good deal of weight.
The Difference between the Diaper Bag & the Busy Bag
My busy bag stays in the car most of the time, it rarely accompanies me everywhere like the diaper bag did. In fact I should probably carry it with me more than I do. It frequently lives by the front door to grab on my way out of the house and lives in the car until I need an item from it. This is also a great thing when we are taking my husbands vehicle which is not fully stocked like the mom car.