Wife, Mom, and Penny pincher- Get to know me!
Hi, my name is Violet. I am a total newbie to the blogging world, but I thought maybe if I got on here I could connect with, and inspire others. I am going to start by saying I have lived a very interesting life thus far, and I'm not even that old yet. I am the mom of 2 wonderful boys ages 9 and 7. They are a challenge at times, but what kids aren't? The curiosity in a child is amazing, I have never heard the word why so many times in a 5 minute time span, ever. Nonetheless, they are my world, and I would be lost without them. I turned 30 last year, it hasn't been bad so far. I still feel like I'm 20...well, almost. I have started getting these little things I like to call "platinum highlights", thank goodness for hair color! Ha! I just got married (for the second time) in May. It was a wonderful wedding, and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day! My husband is an amazing man, he loves me, he respects me, and he'd do anything for me, or my children. I would be lost in this world without him, he has taught me how to love myself again, and to take time out for myself not just take care of everyone else around me.
With all of that being said I am going to tell you all I am going to be making some of the homemade household cleaners I have been seeing on Pinterest, and other blogs this next week. I am totally stoked to see how well they work, and as I try them out I will let you all know how well they work, and if I like it I will share the recipe. For anyone that doesn't know me, I am a very honest, and up front person. I will tell you the good, bad, and ugly even if you don't want to hear it).
Quick and Easy Shepherd's Pie
- 2 lbs Ground beef, (Ground Turkey is good too)
- 2 cans condensed vegetarian vegetable soup, No water added
- 1-2 Cups Veggies Green beans, corn, carrots, peas, whatever your family likes can be used
- 6 Medium Potatoes
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese, I use Colby jack
- 1 TBS Chives, (Optional)
- 1 cup Milk, More or less for mashed potato consistency you enjoy
- 2 TBS Butter, once again more or less for your liking in mashed potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- You need to clean and skin the potatoes, cut them in half, put them in boiling water. Boil until fork tender, drain. (all you're doing here is making mashed potatoes, so do it like you normally would....or use instant mashed potatoes if you really want to simplify) For my mashed potatoes, I add a stick of butter, about 1 cup of skim milk, some sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and garlic powder (to your taste). I then use the hand mixer to mix it all up, and that will make fluffy, creamy potatoes. You may add more milk if potatoes are too stiff. Set that aside.
- While your potatoes are boiling, brown the ground meat. I like to season the meat with sea salt, pepper, cookies seasoning, and garlic powder. I do not measure the seasonings, just don't over do it. Then drain the meat, put it back in the pan, add 2 cans of veggie soup, the veggies you chose, and mix. Then transfer the mixture to a 3 qt round, or 9x9 glass baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes (just a hair over the top of the dish with potatoes is fine), then sprinkle with chives and cheese. Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes.