Words of Wisdom From A Mother To Her Daughter
My daughter, you will always be my little girl
Words as Valuable Treasures
Many times in life, the most valuable possessions to share are not material objects. Some of the most treasured things to pass down are lessons you have learned on your own journey or tips others have given to you.
Words are powerful and for my daughter's birthday this week, like the same I did with my son, I want to offer her some words of wisdom that she can carry with her no matter her age or where she goes. She may be too young to understand it all now but my hope is for them to be useful to her as she grows.
Advice for Daughters
- Listen to your parents. We will never intentionally steer you in the wrong direction. There may be times you think we don't have your best interest in mind but we always do.
- Don't be afraid to be yourself. Your family and true friends will accept you for who you are.
- Do everything with grace.
- Avoid participating in gossip.
- Think twice before you post something on the internet.
- Learn to cook, clean and be organized for yourself, not for someone else.
- Don't set limits for yourself. Break down boundaries.
- You are stronger than what you think.
- Read books and watch documentaries.
- There is nothing wrong with a little adventure so don't be afraid to try new things.
- In anything you do, remember that there is a reaction for every action.
- Be the heroine in your own story. You don't need a prince to rescue you.
- Don't dumb yourself down to get attention. There is nothing wrong with being smart. Use your common sense.
- Respect yourself.
- Know who your true friends are. It is okay to let go of people and move on, not everyone is meant to take the next step with you in your journey.
- Set goals for yourself and have a plan but know that not everything goes as planned. Always have a plan B and C.
- Don't give up on your dreams. Take it one step and one day at a time.
- Travel. Experience the world.
- Know what's going on in the world and in your local community. Keep up with current events.
- Be confident and believe in yourself.
- Respect nature and the environment, help to take care of it.
- Work hard and seize every opportunity.
- Be kind, compassionate and loyal.
- Not everyone will be on your team. Don't worry about pleasing them. Keep yourself happy and stick to what you believe in.
- Know your self-worth and don't let anyone else bring it down or make you feel less worthy.
- Have faith.
- Be courteous and always practice good manners.
- Try your best not to do or say anything you will regret later.
- Be wise when it comes to money. Save for rainy days and for the future. Live within your means.
- Material possessions are not everything.
- Look to your father for the kind of characteristics you want in a man. He is a wonderful example of how a man should treat a woman. You are our princess; find a man that will treat you like his queen and he will be worthy for you to treat him like a king.
- Be as well-educated, well-spoken and well-traveled the best you can.
- Have hobbies, learn to play an instrument, play sports, join clubs and do volunteer work. All of these things will teach you valuable skills and make you a well-rounded person.
- You are going to lose sometimes but you will only fail if you don't stand back up and try again.
- Be independent.
- Learn to be patient.
- You have a rich heritage. Be proud of it and your culture because it contributes to who you are.
- Realize when to walk away; you can only give so much until you compromise your integrity and happiness.
- Be healthy. Eat well and exercise. Practice good hygiene.
- Be passionate about everything you do and what career you choose. It should not always be about the money especially if you are unhappy.
"Daughters" by John Mayer
Write and Share Your Own Motherly Advice and Wisdom
Here are some daughter quotes from Quote Garden:
- "A daughter may outgrow your lap but she will never outgrow your heart." -Author Unknown
- "A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend." - Author Unknown
- "Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers." -Author Unknown.
- "We've begun to raise daughters more like sons, but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters." -Gloria Steinem
- "And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships." -Victoria Secunda
Source: "Daughter Quotes, Sayings about Daughters" (http://www.quotegarden.com/daughters.html)
Mother to Daughter Words of Wisdom in Books
Life Lessons for Daughters
Words of Wisdom for Daughters
Stop by my blog to read fun & interesting posts about my daughter:
Book About Shared Wisdom between Mothers and Daughters
Helping Future Generations Stay on Course
We all continue to learn lessons along the road of life. There is usually not a road sign along each side that tells us where to go. As parents and grandparents, we want the future generations to have an easier time and to learn from our mistakes. Sometimes, they need to learn from their own but it is okay to provide some guidance for our kids and grand kids every now and then so that at least they stay on course.
See my other articles you may enjoy reading:
- A Poem for Mothers
This is a poem about what it means to be a mother.
- Things A Father Should Know When Raising A Daughter
Many fathers don't feel as confident raising a daughter as they do raising a son. Here are some light-hearted tips about raising a little girl that you may find helpful, amusing or maybe a bit scary!
- Words of Wisdom From a Mother to Her Son
For my son's birthday, I wanted to give him a special gift - some words of wisdom that he can reflect on as he grows. I know he's too young to understand it all now but one day he will.