breathe2travel profile image 82

Any tips on respectfully telling your parents to "back off" the disciplining of your children.

Sometimes a grandparent inserts their standards in my home and corrects a child for something we have established as being ok/acceptable for our household. This grandparent also shakes or yanks on the kids. Recently, grandparent publicly disciplined a child, when I was right there to do it, (was waiting for opportunity to be discreet). My child remembers not the "lesson", but the grandparent reaction- squeezing my child's arms,lifting my child off the floor & scolding through grit teeth,in the middle of the store. I did not witness it, &I don't doubt it. How would you handle this?

win-winresources says

What Can You Do or Say When Your Family or Relatives Discipline Your Children?94

What Can You Do or Say When Your Family or Relatives Discipline Your Children?

twig22bend profile image76

twig22bend says

kelleyward says