FreezeFrame34 profile image 83

Has anyone ever given you a nickname you didn't like? What did you do to change it?

My friends always called me Jewels, and I didn't mind the nickname. But, during my teenage years, a past boyfriend's parents used to call me JewelBalls. I really didn't like the name and the more I said I didn't like it, the more they used it. Has anyone ever given you a nickname you didn't like, how old were you, and what was the outcome?

lovelife08 profile image59

lovelife08 says

• FreezeFrame34 profile image

FreezeFrame34 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing! Bullies can be so mean! Growing up with the last name "Freeze", I constantly had people make fun of me, but when I spun it around and said, "You just wish you had a last name as cool as mine." They usually couldn't think of anythi

ChinaDoll32BX profile image59

ChinaDoll32BX says

• FreezeFrame34 profile image

FreezeFrame34 5 years ago

That totally reminds me- I used to call my ex-boyfriend's dad, who called me JewelsBalls- Old Man River; he hated it! Thanks for jolting that memory for me- made me laugh! I'm sorry that strangers use inappropriate names; just know that you are beaut