Deborah-Diane profile image 84

What are the worst lies parents and other adults tell kids, and why do you think they lie?

I know that adults often lie about things like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. However, how about when they tell scary stories to make kids behave, or when they lie about family problems? What other lies do adults tell? Do you think it is wrong?

lambservant profile image92

Lori Colbo (lambservant) says

• Deborah-Diane profile image

Deborah-Diane 5 years ago

Yes, I agree with you completely. My husband's ex-wife used to lie to the kids about us. It was very frustrating, because we didn't want to call her a liar!

win-winresources says

• Deborah-Diane profile image

Deborah-Diane 5 years ago

I agree that it is much harder to remember a lie than the truth!

onegoodwoman profile image83

onegoodwoman says

• Deborah-Diane profile image

Deborah-Diane 5 years ago

I love your answer about the kind of lies we should not tell our children. I agree that it is far better to just say "I do not know" sometimes, than to make up a lie that may only confuse or hurt children more. Thanks for your thoughtful comment.

ALUR profile image67

ALUR says

pjlacy5 profile image60

Wildflower (pjlacy5) says

• Deborah-Diane profile image

Deborah-Diane 4 years ago

Thank you for your comments about lying. My daughters always told me that if I said, "I'll think about it," I really meant "no." I had to laugh when I read your comments, because it doesn't take long for our children to figure us out, does it?