Deborah-Diane profile image 83

What are the worst lies parents and other adults tell kids, and why do you think they lie?

I know that adults often lie about things like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. However, how about when they tell scary stories to make kids behave, or when they lie about family problems? What other lies do adults tell? Do you think it is wrong?

lambservant profile image93

Lori Colbo (lambservant) says

• Deborah-Diane profile image

Deborah-Diane 5 years ago

Yes, I agree with you completely. My husband's ex-wife used to lie to the kids about us. It was very frustrating, because we didn't want to call her a liar!

onegoodwoman profile image77

onegoodwoman says

• Deborah-Diane profile image

Deborah-Diane 5 years ago

I love your answer about the kind of lies we should not tell our children. I agree that it is far better to just say "I do not know" sometimes, than to make up a lie that may only confuse or hurt children more. Thanks for your thoughtful comment.

pjlacy5 profile image60

Wildflower (pjlacy5) says

• Deborah-Diane profile image

Deborah-Diane 4 years ago

Thank you for your comments about lying. My daughters always told me that if I said, "I'll think about it," I really meant "no." I had to laugh when I read your comments, because it doesn't take long for our children to figure us out, does it?

win-winresources says

• Deborah-Diane profile image

Deborah-Diane 5 years ago

I agree that it is much harder to remember a lie than the truth!

ALUR profile image65

ALUR says