katkin profile image 60

Were we right asking him to leave?

Our daughter,22,and her 28 year old boyfriend were living us while they 'saved' and one evening last week (after he 'accidently' nearly broke her nose)he became rude and abusive to both my husband and I.We asked him to leave and he became abusive again at whch point we called the police.Our daughter felt we were over reacting and went with him. They returned to the house three days later,to collect the rest of their belongings,when we turned up our daughter became rude and he was intimidating to the point where we had to call the police again. Did we do the right thing?

Seeker7 profile image93

Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says

• katkin profile image

katkin 4 years ago

Thank you so much. I know she is a consenting adult but she was NEVER brought up with violence or abuse.I find it hard to think of how she has changed since she has been with him. I only hope she comes to her senses.

arksys profile image92

Irfan (arksys) says

• katkin profile image

katkin 4 years ago

My husband and I have both tried to take a step back and we do feel we had no choice other than to do what we did. I understand how calling the police has damaged our relationship with her but her boyfriend was out of control - he would not listen.

aspiretoinspire profile image61

aspiretoinspire says

• katkin profile image

katkin 4 years ago

Thank you - we hope she's ok too, we don't know where she is,but we have let her know that SHE can come home if he is violent towards her at anytime.