Charlu profile image 85

Do you know an umbrella parent and sometimes want to say something when it gets out of control?

Do umbrella parents sometimes go overboard or the child has them so manipulated they can't see the forest for the trees? Do you sometimes want to say something but are afraid it will ruin the relationship whether it be friend or relative? It's like sometimes the child will literally smile at you as if to say "Ha! See what I'm getting away with and they don't have a clue," and you just want to scream "How can you not see this?"

Becky Katz profile image86

Becky Katz says

jengeurian profile image61

jengeurian says

rdown profile image81

rdown says

Starmom41 says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 5 years ago

I am so sorry I don't know why I didn't clarify. An umbrella parent is like a helicopter parent, but hovers over their child a lot closer. They are usually extremely over protective and what ever the child says is gold (the truth)