alphagirl profile image 84

What is the real objective in throwing a high school graduation party?

Do parents who throw high school graduation parties do it to raise money for their graduate? I find it distasteful. I hate attending them. I dislike being invited because it just seems all they care about is the monetary gift. It is even worse when they are relatives and you have only a superficial friendship through marriage. How much do you give to a high school student graduating who is related, but someone you barely speak to? What do you give a neighbor's kid who you barely know...worse you don't really even know the neighbor?What is the norm for miss manners and etiquette?

MsDora profile image96

Dora Weithers (MsDora) says

Lisa HW profile image79

Lisa HW says

• alphagirl profile image

alphagirl 5 years ago

Thanks for your perspective. It answered my question and really gave me some insight. I think my experience is skewed due to the relations with some of my in laws.

TripleAMom profile image86

TripleAMom says

smlbizmatters profile image72

smlbizmatters says

Cantuhearmescream profile image80

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) says

Starmom41 says

lostohanababy profile image59

lostohanababy says