GALAXY 59 profile image 86

How to persuade grown up kids to move out of the family home.

What is the best way to gently let your grown up children know that it might just be time to move out and find a place of their own? I am talking about those in their twenties and thirties who seem to want to stay with Mum and Dad for as long as possible. Tongue in cheek answers particularly welcome.

Neetuar profile image61

Neetuar says

• GALAXY 59 profile image

GALAXY 59 5 years ago

I guess you don't live in a small 3 bed semi Neetuar! I do think that it's important for people to learn their own lessons as well, not kids, but people in their late 20's and beyond and sometimes that means striking out on your own.

Karen Hellier profile image91

Karen Hellier says

• GALAXY 59 profile image

GALAXY 59 5 years ago

Sounds like you did the fair and right thing which, ultimately, worked out well for all concerned. We each find our own way of dealing with things and all know our own families best. Thanks for taking the time to provide an answer.

• GALAXY 59 profile image

GALAXY 59 5 years ago

Thanks for answering, duffsmom. The question wasn't about my own personal situation, I am almost an empty nester - youngest leaves for University in Sept. I agree with you about the honesty, good answer.

Shawn May Scott profile image61

Shawn May Scott says

• GALAXY 59 profile image

GALAXY 59 5 years ago

It is hard these days for people to get on the property ladder, living at home can help them to save. I do think that a cut off time should be set by all parties. Be that twenty, thirty or, God forbid, forty! Thanks for answering.