Express10 profile image 88

What would you do if an unknown child invaded your personal space and hit you?

While standing in a DMV line a child that appeared to be about 6 or 7 repeatedly went through the line and hit random strangers. Some people enjoyed a closed fist instead of an open hand. One elderly man was hit hard in his private area while the mom could not care less where her child was or what he was doing to strangers minding their business. I was fuming but avoided a confrontation because time and again when garbage like this happens the parents get mad when you try to tell them, let alone reprimand their child. It made the wait absolutely miserable for about 8 adults though.

MickS profile image75

Best Answer MickS says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 4 years ago

Oh how I WANTED to! But then, I'd be arrested for child abuse even though the child was the one who went through the line several times HITTING people. He hit an elderly man right in the penis! The other men groaned knowing it hurt him.

algarveview profile image89

Joana e Bruno (algarveview) says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 4 years ago

Amen! Why are there so many parents' that allow their children to go wild? If this EVER happens to me again, I probably will have to whop the kid and the parent because they don't want to hear anything bad about themselves or their kids.

Li Galo profile image83

Li Galo says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 4 years ago

I'd NEVER had this issue before. He truly was a little monster, no doubt being raised by an adult one in my opinion. Unfortunately, I know 2 cases where adults stood idly by and allowed illegal behavior from one (perfect stranger) adult to another.

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 4 years ago

Glad you commented! No one has perfect parents but this woman completely ignored the child and the adults that were trying to get her attention. A LOT of bad things could have happened to that kid while he was out of her sight and out of her mind.

abbykorinnelee profile image76

Abigayle Malchow (abbykorinnelee) says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 4 years ago

Very smart lady! You took charge and addressed the issue. The child was called by the mother a couple of times but he ignored her and went back to pestering and hitting people in line.