LupitaRonquillo profile image 83

Any advice on helping a step-daughter recover from feeling abandoned after a divorce?

Its been over 3 year since my husband has seen his two daughters from a previous marriage and for the first time have visited us and their new little brother. The last few days seem to have been great but today not so well.The eldest has once again started to blame her dad for leaving her and accuses him of not loving her enough. I am worried she is going to hurt herself after running out the door tonight a couple of times in the freezing temperatures without a coat! It literally is 10 degrees outside!! She stated she "didn't care if she got sick or lived".. Any advice in dealing with this??

Kim Grbac Diaz profile image84

Best Answer Kim Diaz (Kim Grbac Diaz) says

• LupitaRonquillo profile image

LupitaRonquillo 4 years ago

Thanks Kim for sharing your experience in dealing with this issue. It does start with him but my husband's communication style is to "ignore the issue" as I've seen with our own disagreements. He does need to work on reassuring them more, Thanks!

Old Empresario says

• LupitaRonquillo profile image

LupitaRonquillo 4 years ago

Regardless of which parent is more at fault, both parents need to step up and reassure their kids in divorce situations. He left for solid reasons and the price was sadly leaving his kids but the lack of attention she gets is very obvious, THANKS