lilmissmontana profile image 89

How can I get my baby to go to sleep at night?

My little girl is nearly 11 weeks old and is a night hawk, and a grouchy one at that. I think she is overly tired, because she is awake all day, but won't sleep at night. It's almost as if she's afraid of missing out. What can I do, if anything at all, to get her to sleep?

Best Answer Rayne123 says

• lilmissmontana profile image

Erin Nichols (lilmissmontana) 4 years ago

Wow thank you for the information. I have never heard that. I don't know if this helps, but she hates being on her back flat. Is it okay to put a pillow under the mattress of her crib?

Most of the time she isn't cranky just it seems when she's tired

lilmissmontana profile image89

Erin Nichols (lilmissmontana) says

Rayne123 4 years ago

Well congratulations, it isnt a fluke. Think about it, for some reason u were led to ask this question. There fore you must have faith in the replies. Keep it up. I have 1 more suggestion, curl up her knees to her tummy and roll a bit. its soothin

joanwz profile image86

Joan Whetzel (joanwz) says

Rayne123 4 years ago

I have tried these also. My son was so used to noise he could not sleep without it.

I think the worse thing sometimes is trying to be extra quiet when your baby is sleeping. Too many parents (usually first timers) do that.

Good luck again

AustralianNappies profile image85

AustralianNappies says

weightwd profile image60

Gerhard Ebersohn (weightwd) says

• lilmissmontana profile image

My child is on formula, and it's Similac, the blue can.

• joanwz profile image

Joan Whetzel (joanwz) 4 years ago

It's a controversial thing. but not so uncommon. I did it from time to time with my kids. My son and daughter-in-law do it with their oldest child. It does seem to help.