pinto2011 profile image 55

How much parents should involve, indulge, and interfere in the life of their teenage child.

We always talk about boundaries but what is the boundary while parenting. I have seen one of my friend going the wrong way after over indulgence of his parents. At the same time, my cousin became a topper after the same over involvement and interference of his parents. At the same time, one of my aunt and uncle who hardly cared if their children are even eating or not, all their three children are now top-notch doctors of our country. So, over protecting or ignoring, I have always found it very hard to get to the bottom of the answer.

Melovy profile image97

Yvonne Spence (Melovy) says

• pinto2011 profile image

Subhas (pinto2011) 4 years ago

Hi Melovy. I am very honored to read your thoughts and the two ways through which we can do parenting, but which is the best proven ways. I am looking into live examples through which we can analyse the propensity of that claim.

Tashaonthetown profile image86

Natasha Pelati (Tashaonthetown) says

• pinto2011 profile image

Subhas (pinto2011) 4 years ago

Hi Tashaonthetown, it is great to hear your views. You are right in stating to give teenagers some room to make their own decisions. I am looking into live examples through which these thoughts are proven around us practically.

Sweet Epistles profile image78

June (Sweet Epistles) says

• pinto2011 profile image

Subhas (pinto2011) 4 years ago

Hi Sweet Epistles. You are true in stating "it is not always the easiest thing " and it is where we are always puzzled, like, allow her to go tonight to party with friends or not?

alphagirl profile image80

alphagirl says

• pinto2011 profile image

Subhas (pinto2011) 4 years ago

Hi alphagirl, I specifically liked "kids hormones dictate" and "kids just have to digest, process and think about their own emotions". Also the totally opposite and balanced way you and your husband are parenting. Its seems great!

Ivan Fraser profile image84

Ivan Fraser says

• pinto2011 profile image

Subhas (pinto2011) 4 years ago

Hi Ivan! Your views are very engaging. I particularly like when you stated, "No sir, I learned my lesson and you're going to learn yours!". But again life is not that long to do all the mistakes and learn, but to learn from others mistakes.