Billie Kelpin profile image 90

What is the sweetest thing you ever did for your mother?

We often chastise ourselves for the things we didn't do, or feel it would be bragging to tell about some sweet thing we DID do. Since none of us here know each other in real life and since readers to our hubs probably don't read these questions, maybe it would feel good to tell about something sweet we did for our mothers. After all, maybe someone might get an idea for Mother's Day. I remember the yr I decided to try to find a hat like the favorite one my mother lost. I couldn't, so I had one MADE for her. It cost more than we could afford and never looked right, but I'm happy I did that.

chef-de-jour profile image90

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

Lovely, lovely, touching. My Aunt Marion used to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to my Uncle Bob in the nursing home when he had Alzheimers and he would smile! Your mother is very blessed to have you!

FaithDream profile image87

FaithDream says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

That's the best gift of all, FaithDream. Thank you so much. Your hub on a "Hope Chest" for your daughter reflects who your mother was to YOU! Lovely idea, that - a hope chest of wisdom to be passed on.

PaoloJpm profile image63

John Paolo B.Magdaluyo (PaoloJpm) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

The older I get,the more I understand my mother.I was tutoring a student the other day who told me that when she was young, she was angry w/ her mother for spending so much time on her art. Now that my student is that age, she sees why.Happiness 2u.

Lor's Stories profile image60

Lor's Stories says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

Lor, very sweet. It sounds as if your roles switch back and forth. You're a great team! I think hearing "thank you" from a daughter is so wonderful, and we don't tell our mothers thank you enough in very specific terms. Best wishes to you both.

padmendra profile image1

PADMENDRA S R (padmendra) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

Beautiful! I found that when I feel sad about people I lost, I think, "My Goodness, how blessed I was to have had them for that part of my life." That makes me a little less sad. Thank you for sharing, Padmendra!