I Am Rosa profile image 89

How do you deal with people who use veiled threats to manipulate others?

The lady in the apt next to us tries to bully us into doing what she wants by telling us that other people are going to do bad things to us. IE. Move our car when the landlord comes to plow or it will be towed. We asked the landlord; they said it wasn't true. She also said that everyone in our building can hear our newborn son crying and if we didn't keep him quiet "someone" would call Children's Aid! We've asked; no one else in the building can hear him. I'm tired of the veiled threats and am curious; How do others deal with this kind of person?

• I Am Rosa profile image

Rosa Marchisella (I Am Rosa) 3 years ago

Great advice! I've debated filing a complaint with the landlord, but feel silly about it. "Make her stop bugging me!!" ... Maybe I won't have to. She may just back off on her own if I tell her that I will file a complaint. Thanks for responding!

CraftytotheCore profile image97

CraftytotheCore says

• I Am Rosa profile image

Wow! Sounds like you've had some ridiculous neighbours of your own! I agree that I'd rather have people tell me to my face than go around behind my back. Thanks for sharing!