gmwilliams profile image 86

What are the 10 ways that having a relationship in one teens is a mistake and unwise?

I remember having a discussion with my father at 15 regarding dating. My father was of the opinion that the teen years were WAY TOO YOUNG to either date or be in a relationship. He believed that the teen years should be spent concentrating on furthering one's education and career prospects.He even stated that no one should date until he/she is established.In high school, a former classmate of mine,an honor student, indicated that dating should occur from the period of 19-25; of course,many thought that she was strange. My father was right in his assessment-the teens are TOO YOUNG to date.

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

• gmwilliams profile image

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) 3 years ago

Great answer as always, Dashing. Teenagers are too young to be involved in relationships. I have seen the down side of teen dating. I believe that NO ONE should date until they're at least 21. The voice of my father resonates in me. He was RIGHT!

Lady Wordsmith profile image82

Linda Rawlinson (Lady Wordsmith) says

• gmwilliams profile image

The teen years should be spent pursuing educational and career goals. Teenagers are TOO YOUNG to be dating and involved in relationships. I feel that dating and relationships should be explored in one's 20s when one is hopefully mature enough.