amiebutchko profile image 86

Does anyone have any advice for surviving days long, overnight company?

Living far from family, we have frequent overnight guests and some of them stay for up to five days to a week long. They are not the easiest of guests (3 meals a day required kind of guests..). Do you have any advice to help me keep my cool? I am never rude, and try my best to just grin and bare it, but sometimes it sinks me into dread.... and then insanity.

Christy Kirwan profile image98

Christy Kirwan says

• amiebutchko profile image

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) 3 years ago

Thank you, Christy!!!! I will try to take your advice!!!!! I know it will help!

wrenchBiscuit profile image84

Ronnie wrenchBiscuit (wrenchBiscuit) says

• amiebutchko profile image

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) 3 years ago

wrenchBiscuit, you are kind and very funny! I have no doubt I would enjoy your company much more than the individuals I am speaking of!!!! Thank you so much for offering a kind ear! It helped a lot and I will think of it as I am grinding my teeth!

J-Lyn profile image61

Jacklyn Gebhard (J-Lyn) says

JayDee Sterling profile image61

JayDee Sterling says

• amiebutchko profile image

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) 3 years ago

Thank you so much for your response! You made me smile. I supposed I do roll out the red carpet a little too enthusiastically. Its mostly two sets of grandparents that come from too far. Unfortunately, its the in laws that overstay their welcome!