Whitney Amechi profile image 60

When is the right time to speak to your younger sibling about sex?

Let's face it - most of us hated it when our parents gave us "the talk" - so for those of us who have a younger brother or sister when do you think it is most appropriate to discuss sex?

Best Answer ASKSADIE says

• Whitney Amechi profile image

W.N Amechi (Whitney Amechi) 3 years ago

Thank you for your in-depth answer. I feel a bit out of sorts with it because she's near the age already of being sexually active, but I know she hasn't been spoken to about sex by an adult family member. This is why I thought "I could do it!"

Amanda108 profile image93

Amanda (Amanda108) says

• Whitney Amechi profile image

W.N Amechi (Whitney Amechi) 3 years ago

I figured it'd be best to talk to my little sister about it than our dad or her mom. She's at the appropriate age now and I agree with you in letting her think I'm "cool". Better than that horrific movie you watch in like 7th grade!

cat on a soapbox profile image97

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• Whitney Amechi profile image

W.N Amechi (Whitney Amechi) 3 years ago

Trust me...having "the talk" is awful. My mother works in the medical field which made it even more horrific and I was 9.

coolbreeze profile image48

Rik Rodriguez (coolbreeze) says

• Whitney Amechi profile image

W.N Amechi (Whitney Amechi) 3 years ago

I don't think that is too early at all. I figured by the time I have children of my own that I would slowly inform them when the questions come from a young age. I think it's a fantastic approach, but others unfortunately do not.

Josh Makaveli profile image35

Josh Makaveli says