Why do parents feel the need to let their children misbehave?

I have friends, family members, and even strangers tell me how well behaved my son is. He is polite, respectful, and generally just a nice kid. I can count on one hand how many times he's needed a spanking (yes, I believe in spankings! I'm from the south!). I don't understand parents that let their kids humiliate them, act out, back talk, etc, especially out in public. The idle threats of "I'm going to put you in time out" or "lets not behave that way or you will lose a privilege" doesn't seem to be working. Do the parents not see it? Or do they chose to ignore it? Please advise.

Express10 profile image87

H C Palting (Express10) says

Elise Mealor 3 years ago

I agree w this completely. I also feel like many parents don't have the "heart" to discipline their children. I just hate that this is the behavior that leads to so many more problems for children.

bethperry profile image89

Beth Perry (bethperry) says

Dave36 3 years ago

When you live in a supposedly free country where you've got a government that instead of working for the people, creates a new law so they can come arrest then detain indefinitely without any evidence or trial one of it's own citizens.It's Fubared!.

Dave36 says