Why do some brothers and sisters get along well in some families, but not in most families?

Getting along in the sense of having fun with each other, and not fighting each other, or simply being cold with each other. I have seen bros and sistrs who almost need no friends at all, they are friends with each other. In my case, we respect each other, but rarely see each other...why is that???? My hypothesis is that close family members are not the norm.

Best Answer Larry Wall says

shamsAlAriyaf 3 years ago

Good answer, I appreciate that. However, are there biological reasons behind this? Or is it all about upbringing? Is there anything I can do today to my children for them to grow close to each other? Children range in age between 5 to 18!!

gmwilliams profile image86

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

shamsAlAriyaf 3 years ago

Yes there are all kinds of siblings' relationships... what I wanted to know is why and whether anything can be done about it. I appreciate your reply very much.