ginjill ashberry profile image 76

How to deal with someone who is like a parasite that lives on others most of their lives?

A member of my family is giving me an overload of stress. I want to help him but he is too used to being supported through life that in his late twenties he is still dependant for his necessities. is has such ego and arrogance to be humble enough to work anywhere. Too defensive to be able to slow talk with. Has viiolence tendency and a peculiar liar. It seems he thinks the whole world owes him something. Now I am the only one who still accepts him but he seems to be the more clingy? He has excuses for losing his job. I can't and it is not my style to support an able bodied

Amanda Howdeshell profile image79

Amanda (Amanda Howdeshell) says

• ginjill ashberry profile image

Ashley TKL (ginjill ashberry) 2 years ago

Thank you so much both Amanda and Express 10. Yes, the matter has been solved. I use the best way I know how to. His mother; my aunt, tells me I am the only one who has done that to him. my aunt couldn't do it-cruel way(tough love), it had to be me.

Express10 profile image88

H C Palting (Express10) says

• ginjill ashberry profile image

Express10,you are right. Alas, I am afraid when he may be suicidal too. He does shows instability in mind and does not show he is able to empathize with others in norm actions. Ex:make decisions that will hurt you even after he says words of console.