Dwight Phoenix profile image 77

Was it hard growing up?

As a little boy I always pondered deeply about growing (sometimes a little too much!) It scared me and at the same time captured me in an involuntary state of awe. I pictured myself pressed against a huge moving bolder from behind; heading straight for a wall (the ultimate end) powerless to do anything against it. I could never understand why people want to grow up. There was just too much to lose! Then, everything was new and interesting but now it's all grey and boring! As a child I was a lawyer, doctor, president, Superman....but know I'm just an average man trying to get a degree :(

xxojokermanoxx profile image71

Best Answer xxojokermanoxx says

• Dwight Phoenix profile image

Dwight Phoenix 2 years ago

Thanks for stopping by. Right now I am trying to hold on to all those different dreams and believe me IT'S HARD!

"HAVING TEN JOBS AND HOBBIES MEANS THAT YOU'LL ALMOST NEVER BE GOOD AT ANY ONE OF THEM."

• Dwight Phoenix profile image

Dwight Phoenix 2 years ago

That's too bad dashingscarpio, because as I child, I believe it's then we can experience the highest levels of fun and freedom.

tsadjatko profile image81

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

• Dwight Phoenix profile image

Dwight Phoenix 2 years ago

Hi TSAD. I see you mentioned getting old. That's an entirely new arena of fears.... I'll try to stay forever young in some aspects of my life but, However I know that I'll have to grow up in other ways.

Travis Kaoulla profile image83

Travis (Travis Kaoulla) says

• Dwight Phoenix profile image

Dwight Phoenix 2 years ago

Ouch........growing up often leaves a remnant of things and some of those are bad memories.......