kbdressman profile image 94

Where is the line between expressing a differing opinion as an adult and honoring your parents?

My little sister is attending college in the fall. My parents want her to "have the freshman experience in the dorms" and are pushing her to continue to try to get a spot in the dorms. I went into debt early in my schooling to have that experience and I think she's better off living in an apartment just off-campus that will cost her half the price of on-campus housing. She'd have a great social life and stay out of debt longer. I don't want to disrespect my parents, but I also want Allie to know her options. As an adult sibling, Where's the line? What is and isn't appropriate to say?

Best Answer M. T. Dremer says

• kbdressman profile image

kbdressman 2 years ago

Usually I don't like talking about someone without them there as it leads to bad feelings, but your idea of discussing my differing opinion without them there is far enough away from "talking about someone behind their back" that it'll work! Thanks!

sallybea profile image99

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) says

Gordon Wright profile image77

Gordon Wright says