chef-de-jour profile image 90

Do you remember local eccentric characters from your childhood? What were they like?

As a young child I recall the family who lived next door to my aunt Cecilia. There was an old mother and a black cat, plus her two twin sons were still living with her. They were both craftsmen, plumbers, and they were both aged 52! Their names? Bill and Ben Pearson. A strange sort of set up but I got used to their comings and goings on bikes. Sad thing is, they often got drunk and when they did, I got to learn some quaint kind of English.

serenityjmiller profile image89

Serenity Miller (serenityjmiller) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) 20 months ago

How bizarre, exciting and frightening? I love this scene - singer Dave and parrot and you the child - young woman - sitting agog as Dave played his home made songs (inspired by the weed?) with Parry as backing singer. Wonderful.

lambservant profile image92

Lori Colbo (lambservant) says

• chef-de-jour profile image

You cared for her? Meaning you were curious about her or you spoke to her or you wanted to try and help her in some way? Fascinating image of this woman looking in through the window. Love it.

Marie Flint profile image90

Marie Flint says

• chef-de-jour profile image

Such a cast of characters Marie, vividly portrayed. The image of Mr Goedeke with his stump is a strong one, I can see him now getting all frustrated about something rural and farm related. And old Joe from the east would slot neatly into any novel!!