KayceeL profile image 60

Is it ok? Stepdad demands tween Stepdaughter to call him "Honey" in public, home, and via texting.

Stepdad won't allow for him to be addressed by any other name not even his first name. Been in her life for 8 years. Mom sees no wrong and encourages it. My daughter gets punished for not addressing him by the name "honey". He is currently trying to be alone with her more and more along with telling her not to tell mom or I about certain things. Also monitoring daughters texts between myself and my daughter and won't allow daughter to delete messages. Anyone else see what I've been seeing lately and as a father do I have reason to be concerned.

gmwilliams profile image86

Best Answer Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• KayceeL profile image

KayceeL 3 months ago

Thank you for your amazing answer. Thank you for validating what I, the SMom, have been noticing and conversating with my husband about. I'm a mom also and the red flags waved just as they would with my own children. Thank you

• gmwilliams profile image

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) 3 months ago

A++++++, I thought the same thing. This is a RED FLAG! Get this child OUT OF THAT HOUSE!