- Family and Parenting»
Well behaved children? Myth or Reality?
Welcome to parenthood! If you think your baby is an angel, read no further...
If you are still here, then it means you want to know more. As a new parent, I would like to understand and learn why children misbehave and how to stop out of control kid? Why do children scream, yell, hit back, throw things, talk rude or pull hair? Children do this for many different reasons. A parent's goal is to analyze and implement simple techniques and a lot of PATIENCE.
Child temper tantrums...
Can range from crying, whining, screaming, kicking, hitting etc. It's a basic problem which has nothing to do using the child's gender. Mostly between the age group of one to three kid's temperament fluctuates dramatically. In few cases it is a normal frequent issue that the parent need to deal with although in few other kids rarely misbehave. Its a normal part of their growing up and not be seen as damaging. A kid can't hold his or her emotions nor have the same level of inhibition as our adult do hence child temper tantrums are some most typical problem that parents have to deal with.
The best way to deal with child temper tantrums would be to merely ignore or avoid him/her at the very first place. Let us take a brief look at the numerous strategies that may help in to manage the child's behavior.
It is important to realize the child psychology here. He or she may just be performing it to get sufficient consideration. And should you give them even your negative consideration, it is better than no attention at all which can encourage them to repeat it. Hence, it's essential that you simply reward your small ones for their great behavior or positive behavior.
Give them small freedom to manage over a couple of small points. This will fulfil their need for independence. Don't be authoritative as then there will be repulsed. Offer them minor choices such as asking them if they would like apple or orange juice? Or if they would wish to take a shower prior to or after the breakfast? If you are being forceful or authoritatively the answer will always be a "no".
- Make sure you maintain off-limit objects out of reach to avoid struggles. But this isn't usually feasible, especially whenever you are out inside a store or shopping.
- Child temper tantrums can also be dealt with distracting the child and engage him in a new activity. Just move him to a different room and change the environment.
- To offer those games and toys as per appropriate age. When teaching them new tasks start with simple points and then slowly and gradually increase the degree of challenges. Should you begin using the difficult task, it will frustrate the child and lead to child temper tantrums.
- Listen to your child's request, as they may not usually be outrageous. To accommodate his request when they're genuine.
- Understand why the kid is behaving in such a manner as sometime they're just too tired. Realize that it is not the best time to go to grocery or shopping.
Child temper tantrums need to be controlled if the safety is involved. Be strict and let the child know that you simply are not flexible on safety issues.
The Most Important Facts To Remember
Child behavior or misbehaviour is a form of communication.There is always a reason and solution for kids misbehavior.Children's challenging behavior can be improved but takes time and patience.
Play a little bit of detective
Ask your kid few questions like:
Are you afraid of something?
Are you uncomfortable, hungry, tired, or may be not feeling well?
Are you angry, sad, anxious, or scared of something?
What is bothering you?
Later analyze it and take action.
Great selection of books
How to stop misbehavior of your kid?
What could you do?
Be calm and smile. Never loose your cool! Talk & spend some time with a kid. May be play your kid's favourite game.
If child misbehaves, be patient. May be change a surrounding, go to another room, play another game.
Introduce behavior charts like "I Didn't Hurt Anyone Today", "Not a pick yeater", "No Arguing/Confrontation", "I Didn't Bite Today" or "No Tantrums Week". Create your own and don't forget to reward your kid.
Why Do Children Misbehave? - Do they?
Why Children Misbehave?
Feedback is always appreciated.
Not a member? Join Squidoo. It's free, easy, and fun to build pages here, and you can earn money for yourself or your favorite charity doing it.