- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Family miscommunication and how to handle it
Lately have you been experiencing family miscommunication? Maybe you told your kids you would pick them up at 4pm from school - but you don't see them anywhere. They thought you would be too late and went to their friends. There are many instances of miscommunication that can occur but here are some ways to help them.
There are a few ways you can communicate with your children and other members of your family more effectively. By speaking clearly, leaving notes, and asking them to repeat what you said are just a few ways to help.
- Always speak clearly to another member of your family and make eye contact with them.
- Ask them to repeat what you just said to verify that they understood you.
- Add a list on the fridge for chores, notes and reminders this will help a lot of miscommunication.
- Another great method is reminding your family members yourself on a daily basis.