Would you leave your child in a room full of 'acquaintances' while you used the

1. Jarp profile image60
    Jarpposted 6 years ago

Would you leave your child in a room full of 'acquaintances' while you used the rest room?

2. CrazyGata profile image78
    CrazyGataposted 6 years ago

Would I bring my child with me to the restroom because I do not want to leave him with people he might not feel familiar with?

I don't know if I should be more concerned with exposing him to new circumstances or the possibility of sending him the message that he is not able to handle out of routine experiences.

Sounds like the fish father from Nemo... He didn't want nothing to happen to his son... And Nemo replies, "But Dad, if nothing happens to me, then nothing happens!"

3. delaneyworld profile image80
    delaneyworldposted 6 years ago

It would depend upon his or her age.  I would think about it like this:  If I am at a department store, would I leave my child outside of the bathroom or would I take her with me?  If I do not know and trust the people fully, I would take her with me.  This would be for her safety and comfort.  There are plenty of experiences out there that will broaden her horizons.  If I feel there is a chance she will be uncomfortable, scared or even in danger - a trip to the bathroom is not going to negatively impact her.  I always think it is better to be safe.