jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If your child told you that someone was molesting them, What would be your first

1. Menjia_Rose profile image60
    Menjia_Roseposted 6 years ago

If your child told you that someone was molesting them, What would be your first re-action?

2. helmutbiscut profile image77
    helmutbiscutposted 6 years ago

First, I would let my child know that I love them.  I would hold them and let them talk about what happened as much, or as little, as they needed to, at that moment.  After that, I would notify the police and children services and provide them with any details that I had learned from my child.  The next step I would take is to contact a counselor who specializes in child sexual abuse and make separate appointments for my child and my husband and I.  Sexual abuse can invoke feelings of shame, guilt, fear, or anger in the victim and the entire family.  Getting immediate support for everyone is paramount.  Having been sexually abused, I know that feeling loved and supported by family helps with the healing process.

3. RealHousewife profile image75
    RealHousewifeposted 6 years ago

As a parent - the first word that popped into my head was KILL!

4. Menjia_Rose profile image60
    Menjia_Roseposted 6 years ago

Ladies, the best advice as a parent and a victim of sexual abuse as well; first take your child to get checked out the moment you've been made aware. Next, wait for the results back confirming your child/children claim of sexual abuse. The next step will be the hardest especially if the person has threatened your child/children. Assure your child/children their safety before asking them any questions, because most of the time it's the father, uncle, brother, cousin, or a close friend of the family.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

if my kid told me that, i would snap. all jokes aside, i would make sure they were right and then that person would disappear. no cops, no courts etc etc.

working