jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it wise to let a grandmother be the surrogate for her daughter ?

1. Purple Perl profile image56
    Purple Perlposted 6 years ago

Is it wise to let a grandmother be the surrogate for her daughter ?

Surrogacy is rampant in parts of the globe where one can find a healthy female to carry your offspring to full term if you cannot have one yourself. I have also read news articles where a woman becomes a surrogate for her own daughter's offspring ?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

It just depends on the age, if both parties agree it shouldn't be that much of a big deal. Although legal advice is always a good lesson learned, as there was a case sometime ago I remember that went to trial. Can't remember the names, but they had a movie out, and the two women fought over the baby. It really is the two parties choices, it may create problems, but I think they would have to ask themselves at that point why the created the scenario in the first place. Perhaps it is a lesson they choose to learn themselves.

3. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

Of course it's not wise. But surrogacy isn't all that wise in general, but some people are sadly left without many other options. I think if the grandmother is young and healthy, then why not?...As long as the grandmother is done being a mother...

4. jirel profile image68
    jirelposted 6 years ago

If there aren't any side effects to the surrogate grandmother ,is quite young ,can handle the pain and deliver the baby without harming herself,I think it would be perfect.Just the grandma needs to be strong and healthy.